OUR HR COLUMNIST
- Editor's Note. McGrath, Debbie // Leadership Excellence Essentials;12/1/2014, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p4
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the balance between performance expectations and workload, continuing education and learning for leaders, and strategies for exceptional leadership.
- Leadership Philosophy. Arneson, Steve // Leadership Excellence Essentials;Apr2009, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p10
The article deals with core leadership philosophy. It defines what it means to be a leader and is unique to the leader's company. Leadership philosophy describes what leaders do and what is expected of them, and represents the basis for all leadership activity, such as development, promotions,...
- FIVE LEVELS OF EXCELLENCE. Useem, Jerry // Fortune;10/30/2006, Vol. 154 Issue 9, p176
The article presents a humorous look at the five levels of excellence for executives. The levels begin with unconscious incompetence, followed by conscious incompetence, conscious competence, unconscious excellence, and conscious excellence. Unfortunately, those who make it to the top often...
- VADOVÅ² SAVYBIÅ² UGDYMO METODÅ² ORGANIZACIJOJE ANALIZÄ–. Župerkienė, Erika // Management (16487974);2010, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p53
Impact of managerial qualities on the results of organisation performance is disclosed in research studies by various authors and developed models of management. It is ascertained that managerial qualities can influence the results of organization performance. Also, constantly changing...
- No Accountability? Lepsinger, Rick // Leadership Excellence Essentials;Dec2010, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p14
The article discusses the importance for leaders to tackle accountability issues. It is noted that lack of accountability weakens individual and team performance and affects top performers. Some reasons why leaders do not hold people accountable for different issues include the assumption that...
- SLASTYONA CONFECTIONARY (B): THE FACTORY GENERAL MANAGER. McGuire, Stephen J. J. // Journal of the International Academy for Case Studies;2008, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p83
The article presents a case study that focused on leadership and managerial competence at Slastyona Confectionary. The case is designed to complement the Slastyona Confectionary(A) case by providing additional information on Wilton Winchester's leadership and competencies. The case has a...
- The `permanent' acting leader: Insights from a dying Indian R&D Organization. Mouly, V. Suchitra; Sankaran, Jayaram K. // Leadership Quarterly;Winter99, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p637
Despite its frequent occurrence in educational institutions, the phenomenon of the "acting leader" has not received much attention in the academic literature. Moreover, the extant literature is situated largely in the context of organizations, such as universities, in which interim...
- Peering Into the New Era. Kristie, James // Directors & Boards;Fall91, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p6
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including the 15th anniversary for corporate leadership and the conceptual framework of being a global leader.
- Leadership Tips. // Executive Leadership;Apr2012, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p1
The article offers tips on leadership, adapted from the book "Problem Solving 101," by Ken Watanabe and articles "What Would Steve Do?" by Rana Foroohar and "Chipotle is Apple," by Matthew Yglesias.