- Curriculum Design for Management Training. Galosy, Julia R. // Training & Development Journal;Jan1983, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p48
Suggests that the challenge of curriculum design for management training is to build a coherent, sequential plan which will provide structure to the full gamut of management training programs. Elements of a management training course; Management groupings; Management dimensions.
- Beyond the Myth of Leadership-Style Training: The Final Chapter. Drelinger, Craig; Rice, Dan // Training & Development Journal;Jan1983, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p54
Discusses a study on developing an appropriate organizational practice. Elimination of the need for much management training and training in functional management skills; Reduction of the need for some technical and professional training; Description of the organizational practice of the U.S....
- A TOTAL TRAINING CONCEPT FOR MANAGEMENT AND TECHNICAL TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT. Luce, Leonard F. // Training & Development Journal;Aug70, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p46
Proposes a total training concept for management and technical training and development. Phases of the training program; Skills training ladder; Details of the training courses.
- executive development. // New Zealand Management;Jun2009, Vol. 56 Issue 5, p17
A calendar of executive and management development programs and courses in New Zealand in June and July 2009 is presented, including Human Resource Management on June 9 to 10, Business Skills for New Managers in Wellington on June 10 to 11, and Company Directors' Course on July 5 to 10.
- A training manager's diary. // Training & Coaching Today;Nov/Dec2006, p4
No abstract available.
- ASSESSING BRUNEI DARUSSALAM'S MANAGEMENT TRAINING NEEDS USING A COMPETENCY FRAMEWORK. Rajah, Edwin; Wallace, Joseph // International Journal of Employment Studies;Oct1993, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p165
The growing importance of management training worldwide, coupled with new contextual factors impinging on curricula were seen as important catalysts for planners of management training in Brunei. Views of chief executives, human resource managers and management trainers, acting as proxies for...
- How toâ€¦ make training memorable. Redford, Kirstie // Personnel Today;1/1/2008, p25
The article offers insights on the how to make a memorable training program for managers. Justin Skelton, managing director of Apex Training and Development, implies that the training should be significant for the future purposes. Training specialist Rob Taylor states that the assessment of the...
- Train For Peak Performance. McKenna, Terry // National Petroleum News;Jul2005, Vol. 97 Issue 7, p13
Discusses key issues concerning continuous training and development for store personnel such as sales associates, store managers and retailers. Role of employee training and development as the foundation of successful companies; Benefits of employee training to firms; Implications on retail...
- Developing Managers in Europe. // Management Services;Aug2004, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p16
This article discusses the research project, Developing Managers: A European Perspective, which was launched at a DTI Conference on May 26, 2004. The reported results are based on 1,400 telephone interviews with human resource (HR) and line managers in 700 private sector firms. Organisations...