Know Where the Rocks Are
- STATE OF THE NIONS U. SWEENEY, BRIGID // Crain's Chicago Business;8/29/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 35, p0003
The article focuses on the positive impact of the legislation that legalizes same-sex civil unions in the wedding business in Chicago, Illinois. It mentions that the legalization of same-sex partnerships in the city offers a surge in its tourism industry as same-sex couples from other countries...
- MARYLAND: Legalizing same-sex marriage would help State's bottom line, study finds. // Gay & Lesbian Times;12/6/2007, Issue 1041, p24
The article reports on the implication of the study conducted by the Williams Institute on Sexual Orientation on legalizing same-sex marriage in Maryland. The Institute stated that Maryland's budget would see a positive impact of $3.2 million annually if the state permit same-sex couples to...
- Preparing for change. Bell, Stewart // Money Management;3/3/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p24
The article discusses the Future of Financial Advice (FOFA) reforms and their impact on the financial planning industry in Australia. It mentions that the reforms will determine how financial advisers price their services after July 2012. It states that the issue has polarised the industry,...
- LOVE COUNTS. Thompson Jr., William C. // Advocate;7/1/2008, Issue 1010, p8
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Marrying With Money," in the May 20, 2008 issue.
- Love! Valour! Commerce! Christensen, Jen // Advocate;7/1/2008, Issue 1010, p27
This article discusses the economic benefits gained by the State of California when their State Supreme Court decided to legalize gay marriage. Economist Lee Badgett is quoted on the amount of money that California might earn from the weddings of lesbians and gay men. The benefits gained by...
- The gay marriage law as economic driver. Keegan, Theresa // Hudson Valley Business Journal;7/25/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 30, p5
The article focuses on the economic benefits of the gay marriage law that was supported by Hudson Valley, New York Senator Steve Saland to be made legal, wherein, the state is expected to gain between 200 million dollars and 400 million dollars in economic activity when the marriage act was passed.
- Study shows economic impact of marriage equality on state. // Echo Magazine;6/19/2014, Vol. 25 Issue 20, p12
The article reports on a study by Williams Institute, a think tank company, regarding the economic impact of marriage equality in Arizona which would generate $62 million in spending and $5.1 million in sales tax revenues.
- LIFE PLANNING A GOOD APPROACH TO ADVISOR RETENTION. // Practical Accountant;Jul2008, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p12
The article presents findings of a study entitled "Research: Communication Issues in Life Planning" sponsored by the U.S. Financial Planning Association. According to the study, the higher level of client trusts and commitment exists for financial planners who worked for qualitative...
- Planners urged to be expansive. // Money Management;3/3/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p4
The article reports on the need for financial planners to be expansive in finding returns for their clients in Australia.