How useful is uterine artery Doppler ultrasonography in predicting pre-eclampsia and intrauterine growth restriction?
- Doppler assessment. // Nursing Standard;8/1/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 47, p58
A quiz concerning Doppler ultrasound is presented.
- Screening for Preeclampsia with Uterine Artery Dopplers. Hobbins, John C. // OB/GYN Clinical Alert;Dec2012, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p57
Data from a large trial in patients at low risk for preeclampsia show that uterine artery waveforms analysis has little value as a screening method for preeclampsia.
- Contrast Enhanced Ultrasonography for Focal Liver Lesions Characterization: Clinical Perspective. Bertolotto, Michele; Bartolotta, Tommaso Vincenzo; Calderan, Loretta; Cernic, Stefano; Mandic, Ada; Cova, Maria Assunta // Current Medical Imaging Reviews;2006, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p373
Gray-scale and color Doppler ultrasonography have limited accuracy in characterization of focal liver lesions because a significant overlapping exists between the echo pattern and vascularity of benign and malignant lesions. Several clinical studies have demonstrated that characterization of...
- Diagnosis of Gallbladder Carcinoma with Color Doppler Ultrasonography. Ueno, Norio; Tomiyama, Takeshi; Tano, Shigeo; Wada, Shinichi; Kimura, Ken // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Aug1996, Vol. 91 Issue 8, p1647
A 65-yr-old woman was referred to our department for evaluation of a gallbladder lesion detected at another institution, where she was diagnosed with chronic cholecystitis. Conventional ultrasonography revealed that the gallbladder lumen was filled with debris-like components, and the...
- ULTRASOUND, ARTERIAL DOPPLER, CAROTID STUDIES // Davis's Comprehensive Handbook of Laboratory & Diagnostic Tests ;Jan2006, p1253
Ultrasound procedures are diagnostic, noninvasive, and relatively inexpensive. They take a short time to complete, do not use radiation, and cause no harm to the patient. Using the duplex scanning method, carotid ultrasound records sound waves to obtain information about the carotid arteries....
- ULTRASOUND, PERIPHERAL DOPPLER. Schnell, Zoanne Burgess; Van Leeuwen, Anne M.; Kranpitz, Todd R. // Davis's Comprehensive Handbook of Laboratory & Diagnostic Tests ;Jan2003, p966
Presents a comprehensive guide to peripheral Doppler ultrasound of veins and arteries. Description of ultrasound procedures; Indications; Factors that may alter test results; Nursing implications and procedure.
- Superiority of SDAI over DAS-28 in assessment of remission in rheumatoid arthritis patients using power Doppler ultrasonography as a gold standard. Balsa, Alejandro; De Miguel, Eugenio; Castillo, Concepción; Peiteado, Diana; Martín-Mola, Emilio // Rheumatology;Apr2010, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p683
Objective. To investigate the accuracy of composite scores in classifying RA patients who are in remission using the absence of inflammatory activity detected by ultrasound (US) as a gold standard.
- Noninvasive Imaging and Frequency Analysis for Carotid Artery Diagnosis and Surgical Decisions. Lefemine, Armand A.; Broach, James // Vascular Surgery;Apr1990, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p161
An analysis of 212 carotid arteries studied by Doppler imaging, B-mode imaging, and spectral analysis reveals poor correlation though similarity of data base by chi-square and gamma is strong. The differences between arteriography and the noninvasive techniques appear mainly in the categories of...
- Utility of Color Duplex Sonography in the Assessment of Efficacy of the Stellate Ganglion Blockade. Çeliktas, M.; Birbiçer, H.; Aikimbaev, K.; Özbek, H.; Akgül, E.; Binokay, F. // Acta Radiologica;Sep2003, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p494
Abstract Purpose: To assess the hemodynamic changes in the upper extremity arteries after sympathetic ganglion blockade (SGB) by using spectral Doppler parameters and to determine the applicability of these parameters for the evaluation of SGB efficacy. Material and Methods: Spectral Doppler...