A Leader's Book Club
- Fighting the flames. // Crisis Response Journal;Dec2008, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p4
A photograph of the firefighter of the U.S. Marine Corps having their training exercise at the Marine Corps Air Station Futenma in Okinawa, Japan, on September 25, 2008 is presented.
- Tower of fire constructed. Briggs, Mike // Marines;Nov98, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p10
Highlights the construction project of the United States Marine Corps for a training tower for firefighters in Terciera Island near Azores. Location of the island; Goals for the construction of the project; Benefits offered by the project.
- Florida firefighters train on hotel blaze. // American City & County;Sep2007, Vol. 122 Issue 9, p17
A photograph of a firefighter extinguishing a blaze under realistic training condition is presented.
- Wildfire academy Feb. 13-17. // Wilson County News;2/7/2014, p8A
The article offers information on the Central Texas Wildfire Academy for firefighters to be held at the Camp Bowie, Texas from February 13-17, 2014, which offers classes in squad boss, ignition operation and tanker shuttle courses.
- FDNY graduation most diverse in city's history. BLOOMBERG, MICHAEL R. // Filipino Reporter;5/24/2013, Vol. 41 Issue 25, p20
The author reflects on the diversity of probationary firefighters who graduated after completing a training program at the Fire Academy in New York.
- Is being a courtroom reporter your 'type' of job? // Marines;Jan99, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p9
Announces the United States Marines' acceptance of applications for its members who are interested in earning military occupational specialty 4429 or courtroom reporter. Requirement for successful applicants; Teaching students on how to operate the stenotype machine; Criteria for eligibility.
- How to market like the marines. Brush, Charles F. // Fire Engineering;Jan2000, Vol. 153 Issue 1, p8
Presents tips on recruiting fire fighters in the United States. Includes creation of the proper impression; Use of recruitment techniques employed by the United States Marines Corp; Need for the recruitment advertising campaign and the fire department to be in sync.
- A Mantra is Only as Good as Its Believers. Coleman, Ronny J. // Fire Chief;Apr2006, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p30
The author discusses how the mantra or statement of the United States Marine Corps can be adapted by fire chiefs and firefighters as their own statement. The Marine's statement says that every Marine who is going into combat deserves to be properly equipped, properly trained and properly led. An...
- Structure Live Burn Training. Mannelin, Gene; Wurdeman, Mark; Nelson, Bob // Minnesota Fire Chief;Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p40
Presents a letter sent to all fire departments in Minnesota regarding issues on the Live Fire Training Burn. Background information about the training; Guidelines that should be followed to conduct a live structure training burn; Online publications related to the training.