Dueling With Dual-Carriage Concerns
- HDTV. // Multichannel News;4/4/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 14, p90
Presents a list of prominent national HDTV programming for April 2005 from cable television's major HD programmers, including primetime and premiere fare and live events in the U.S.
- Cable Networks Make Jump to HDTV. Breznick, Alan // Advertising Age;5/19/2003, Vol. 74 Issue 20, p121
The article focuses on the increasing number of cable television networks adopting the high definition television (HDTV) technology in 2003. There are more than four million HDTV sets in the U.S. homes today and more on the way. The bulk of HDTV programming is in sports, but as cable operators...
- My God, MySky Is Great! Agee, Tom // NZ Marketing Magazine;Jun2009, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p8
The article evaluates several products used in high-definition television (HDTV), including the MySkyHDi HDTV subscription service from MySky, the cable from Geekzone and Dick Smith.
- All's Quiet on the D. C. Front, or Is It? Mundy, Alicia // Cable World (10427228);5/13/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 19, p26
Reports on the promise of cable executives and government regulators not to commit news about problems in Washington D.C. Decision of cable industry to embrace the Powell Plan on digital television (TV) transition; Emphasis on high definition TV; Impact of cable rates on U.S. Congress and...
- All clear. Freeman, Michael // Adweek Eastern Edition;6/14/1999, Vol. 40 Issue 24, p8
Focuses on the emergence of the trend among cable television networks in the United States to produce programs in high-definition television (HDTV) format. Cable Labs executive Mike Schwartz's statement on the industry's position on delivering crystal-clear HDTV signals; Projection on viewers'...
- HDTV:. // CableFAX Daily;4/10/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 69, p4
Reports on the decision of cable television network Scripps to launch its high definition television network HGTV HD in the U.S.
- Star first for digital. Sullivan, Maureen // Variety;10/18/99, Vol. 376 Issue 9, p33
Reports on the application of Star TV network for a license to provide digital pay television (DTV) service in Hong Kong, China. Features of the service; Significance of DTV; Comments from Gary Davey and Gareth Chang of Star TV.
- Cablers, pay webs wage turf battle. Dempsey, John // Variety;01/17/2000, Vol. 377 Issue 9, p57
Deals with the tension between pay television (TV) networks and cable TV operators in the United States over operators claim that pay TV would lose subscribers if they do not agree to change from analog to digital TV. Percentage of pay channel subscribers; Comments from Mike Egan, a partner in...
- High-Def's Gaping Technology Gap. Arlen, Gary // Multichannel News;4/26/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p64
Discusses the cable television's share of high definition television (HDTV) audience in the U.S. Number of U.S. households which own HDTV monitors; Forecast of Consumer Electronics Association on the increase in home viewing for cable HDTV by year 2005; Information on the number of HDTV set-top...