A Tough Lesson
- Girl Power. Beaudry, Jennifer Ernst // FN: Footwear News;1/17/2011, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p4
The article offers news briefs related to the footwear industry which include appearance of sportscaster Erin Andrews in an advertisement campaign of Reebok International Ltd. and the company Chinese Laundry, which will be debuting at the beauty contest Miss USA.
- Let's Hear it for the Bowls. Benezra, Karen // Brandweek;1/6/2003, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p12
Focuses on U.S. sports and footwear merchandise as of January 2003. Average amount paid by Super Bowl advertisers for a 30-second spot; Deal between Anheuser-Busch with the National Basketball Association; Market leaders in the footwear segment.
- Southern Stores Adapting to Changing Economic Conditions. BELL, JENNIE // FN: Footwear News;8/22/2011, Vol. 67 Issue 31, p14
The article reports that retailer at the Atlanta Shoe Market is maintaining a positive outlook for spring 2012. Retailers reported sales traction for brands such as Kavu, FitFlops and Naot, as well as Chinese Laundry and Steve Madden, which are popular with younger customers. Ed Padgett, owner...
- Just run with it. Lippert, Barbara // Adweek Eastern Edition;10/12/1998, Vol. 39 Issue 41, p48
Describes Nike's strategies in its advertisements. Focus on promoting the serious athlete; Use of question taglines; Illustration of the anti-social side of competitive training; Description of some of Nike's advertisements.
- NEWS. // In-Store Marketing;Aug2002, p7
Presents news items on developments in the advertising industry as of August 2002. Denim uniform for footwear group Clarks; Entry of Sainsbury's Bank into automobile insurance sector; Promotions in leaflets.
- Caterpillar licensee hands global business to Fresh. // Marketing Week;4/26/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p11
Reports that British footwear firm Overland Co. has selected Fresh as its global advertising agency. Overland's licensing of Caterpillar clothes and footwear; Names of top marketers at Overland; Names of executives which had left Overland.
- The Shoe Diaries. Baar, Aaron // Adweek Western Edition;11/08/99, Vol. 49 Issue 45, p28
Features the advertising campaign for online shoe retailer Nordstromshoes.com. Agency which handled the campaign; Target market; Description of television commercials.
- When the going gets tough, the tough ramp up advertising. Nucifora, Alf // Fort Worth Business Press;05/11/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 3
Discusses the importance of advertising in maintaining strong sales performance even if there is an economic slowdown. Reports and survey results confirming the definitive relationship between increased advertising spending and growth in long-term market share; Recommended advertising...
- Advertising research is on listeners' wavelength. Reddaway, Phil // Marketing Week;4/10/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 15, p14
Reports on the result of a study on the effectiveness of radio advertising in driving sales of different products. Percentage increase in the sales of products using radio advertisements; Reliability of the study; Need for a specific answers for individual brands.