Reasons Why I'm Thankful
- Indies Look to Impress. UMSTEAD, R. THOMAS // Multichannel News;5/10/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 19, p70
The article provides information on the cable television market opportunities for the companies to introduce innovative techniques in television broadcasting. It describes the innovative techniques to be used by television broadcasting companies including high-definition, and three-dimensional...
- MARK AND ME. Effros, Steve // CableFAX Daily;7/20/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 239, p5
Emphasizes the significance of high-definition (HD) programming to the growing segment of cable television subscribers in the U.S. Criticisms against the government's mandate of HD television; Need for cable television networks to provide more HD offerings to their customers; Role of Mark...
- Programmers Ramp Up To Meet HD Demand. Karrfalt, Wayne // Multichannel News;2/26/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p28
The article reports on the issues concerning the use of high-definition television (HDTV) channels by cable network operators and producers in the U.S. The multiplatform craze has disturbed programmers and distributors which surrounds the use of HDTV space such as capacity, price and...
- Satellite TV Primed for Global Takeover? Moresco, Justin // Red Herring;2/12/2008, p5
The article forecasts that the global satellite pay-television (TV) market will expand at a brisk pace with revenue expected to grow nearly 50 percent by 2011. According to a report issued by In-Stat, rapid growth in less-mature markets like Asia, Eastern Europe and Africa, the advent of high...
- HIGH (DEF) STAKES. Barrett, Randy // Multichannel News;8/13/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 32, p33
The article reports on the looming dispute between cable operators and local broadcast stations over the retransmission of high-definition television signals in the U.S. The dispute arose from local stations' demand that cable operators pay for the carriage of their high-definition and standard...
- Life on the shelf for HDTV content. Berger, Robin // Electronic Media;07/24/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p17
Reports on high-definition television (HDTV) advocates' admission that broadcasters have lost interest in producing HDTV versions of most network programs. Factors that hinder the growth of HDTV, according to Conrad Denke, president of American production Services; Plans of ABC to use HDTV...
- HDTV innovations at NAB. Berger, Robin // Electronic Media;04/03/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 14, p28
Focuses on the growing popularity of high-definition television (HDTV). Companies that broadcast HDTV programming; Introduction of the 24p format for HDTV; Projected market for HDTV.
- If we build it, they will come. // Broadcast Engineering;Jun2002, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p10
Comments on television broadcasting services delivered via high definition television.
- Will HDTV be must-see? Eisenberg, Daniel; Hamilton, Anita; Krantz, Michael; Morse, Jodie; Orecklin, Michele; Sanders, Alain L.; Tashiro, Hiroko; Veitch, Susan // Time;4/13/1998, Vol. 151 Issue 14, p41
Reports the news that both the ABC and CBS television networks will launch high-definition television programming in November 1998. The agreement to use competing standards.