The price is high to keep it clean
- When it comes to olive oil, ignore the labels and follow your taste buds. Skidelsky, William // New Statesman;5/3/2004, Vol. 133 Issue 4686, p56
Focuses on the quality of olive oil. Idea that high-grade olive oil has health benefits; View that a moderately priced product found in supermarkets is fine for most purposes; Classification of olive oils; Description of the flavor and price of the Filippo Berio product used by the author; The...
- Olive oil market stays healthy as global interest grows. PAPANIKOLAW, JIM // Chemical Market Reporter;01/11/99, Vol. 255 Issue 2, p8
Reports that global market of olive oil is stable and continued its solid growth, though prices are rising for higher-end Spanish olive oil. Factors which caused prices for pure Spanish olive oil to rise; Forecast on world olive oil production in 1998 to 1999; Issues affecting the olive oil market.
- Olive oil crisis causes 10% retail price hike. Bamford, Vince // Grocer;7/25/2015, p34
The article reports on the increase of the retail price of olive oil due to its crisis in Great Britain in 2015.
- Olive oil alert. // Health (Time Inc. Health);May/Jun96, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p140
Presents a warning that prices of olive oil are expected to rise in 1996. Advice on the storage of olive oil.
- Olive oil prices jump on Spanish crop fear. Montague-Jones, Guy // Grocer;7/12/2014, Vol. 237 Issue 8163, p20
The article reports on an increase in prices of olive oil from Spain in June 2014 due to dry and warm weather in Spain's Andalusia region which has raised concern over the yield prospects for the 2014/2015 crop.
- Pseudomonas mendocina 3121-1 lipase- catalysed lipolysis. The effect of detergents. Bendikienė, Vida; Surinenaitė, Birutė; Juodka, Benediktas // Biologija;2007, Issue 4, p19
The role of various detergents in the lipolysis of olive oil emulsion catalyzed by Pseudomonas mendocina 3121-1 lipase was investigated. Sodium dodecylsulphate (SDS) was determined to inactivate the lipolysis of emulsified substrate, whereas dodecyltrimethylammonium bromide (DTMAB) activated the...
- First signs of olive oil halting the sales slide. Bamford, Vince // Grocer;10/5/2013, Vol. 236 Issue 8125, p26
The article reports on the Nielsen data as of early October 2013, which showed that olive oil sales in Great Britain are gradually increasing following an unprecedented decline due to hike in prices.
- Olive oil prices set to rise. // Food & Drink Technology;Nov2004, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p8
Reports on the projected increase in olive oil prices in Europe. Advice to olive oil customers; Percent increase in olive oil prices in 2003; Sales manager with raw materials food importer Silbury Marketing, Kate Hall's advice on the reservation for olive oil.
- Olive oil prices to rocket as drought cuts harvest. // Food Manufacture;Apr2013, Vol. 88 Issue 4, p12
The article focuses on the rise of olive oil prices as Spain, noted to be the world's biggest olive producer, is experiencing drought.