payment, politics, and the need for leadership
- HFMA Software Product Redesign Seeks To Help Hospitals Meet Medicare Deadline. // Insurance Advocate;04/17/99, Vol. 110 Issue 16, p31
Focuses on a software product designed to help hospitals meet Medicare deadlines from Healthcare Financial Management Association. Features of the software; Content of the program.
- HCFA cautions home health agencies to use approved cost-report software. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Jul95, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p6
Reports that the Health Care Financing Administration (HCFA) has asked the Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA) to warn its members that Medicare cost reports prepared on unapproved software will be rejected. Negative effects on unapproved Form HCFA-1728-94.
- Goldsmith, Starr to provide a view of healthcare's future. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);May96, Vol. 50 Issue 5, San Diego p12
Reports on two speakers at the Healthcare Financial Management Association's (HFMA) Annual National Institute (ANI) to be held on June 23-27, 1996 in San Diego, California. Health care-related topics that will be discussed by Jeff C. Goldsmith and Paul Starr; Profiles of Goldsmith and Starr;...
- Five principles of healthcare reform. Clarke, Richard // Modern Healthcare;6/23/2008, Vol. 38 Issue 25, p26
No abstract available.
- a moving experience. Fromberg, Robert // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Jun2010, Vol. 64 Issue 6, p32
In this article the author discusses the efforts undertaken by the meeting planner to change the location of the ANI: Healthcare Finance Conference from Nashville to Las Vegas due to floods. The author outlines some of the lessons he learnt from the event. One is that a meeting planner can...
- A charity case. Lawson, Ralph // Modern Healthcare;8/11/2008, Vol. 38 Issue 32, p25
The author comments on the need of hospitals to inform the healthcare industry and higher authorities about their financial and management status. He mentions his experience in testifying before the Senate Finance Committee on behalf of the Healthcare Financial Management Association and Baptist...
- what the U.S. can learn from the U.K. about making a difference. Briscoe, Mary Beth // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Sep2007, Vol. 61 Issue 9, p28
The author reflects on the U.S./U.K. Exchange, an annual event that was held in August in Paris, France. It was attended by the financial managers of the Healthcare Financial Management Association of both countries who desired to learn from one another's healthcare systems and practices. The...
- an opportunity to make a difference. Briscoe, Mary Beth // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Mar2008, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p26
The author reflects on the effort to make a difference by focusing on investing life, time, and talents in an organization. She cites that the U.S. healthcare financial management association (HFMA) members can pursue organizational quality improvement and strengthen the bond between clinical...
- reaching out to children in crisis. Briscoe, Mary Beth // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Jan2008, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p26
The author reflects on the Anchor House in Trenton, New Jersey. He stated that a silent auction to benefit Anchor House, a not-for-profit organization that reaches out to runaway, abused and other at-risk children has been hosted by the Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA) New...