News Now, Every Minute
- A Multimedia Application: Spatial Perceptual Entropy of Multichannel Audio Signals. Chen, Shuixian; Hu, Ruimin; Xiong, Naixue // EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications & Networking;2010, Special section p1
Usually multimedia data have to be compressed before transmitting, and higher compression rate, or equivalently lower bitrate, relieves the load of communication channels but impacts negatively the quality. We investigate the bitrate lower bound for perceptually lossless compression of a major...
- Supporting Ubiquitous IMS-based Teleconferencing Through Discovery and Composition of IMS and Web Components. Doolin, Kevin; Mullins, Robert; Abad, Rafael Morónz; Moreno, Marta García; Mota, Telma; Farshchian, Babak A.; Gómez, Miguel // Journal of Network & Systems Management;Mar2008, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p92
Natural communication among people happens in flexible ways and is strongly affected by the users' situation (such as communication tools available, user's location, and user's preferences). This situation or context information is seldom used to initiate communication sessions among users....
- MMDS: From Back Burner to Centre Stage. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Sep99, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p24
Reports on the increased importance of multichannel multipoint distribution service (MMDS) in the telecommunication sector. Use of MMDS as a way to provide advanced two-way digital broadband access; Impact of the buying sprees of Sprint and MCI WorldCom.
- Quality is in the eye of the beholder. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;11/13/95, Vol. 229 Issue 20, p5
Opinion. States that telecommunication network operators in the United States need to consider quality of service in their multichannel multipoint distribution service (MMDS) efforts. Customers' quality demands; Factors influencing customers' decision to shift to MMDS; Arguments for and...
- Don't touch. Barthold, Jim // Telephony;7/2/2001, Vol. 241 Issue 1, p11
Deals with the opposition of vendors, service providers and educators in the telecommunications industry, to the idea of reallocating instructional television fixed service/multichannel multipoint distribution service spectrum to three gigahertz. Bands used by the opposition to the reallocation;...
- community. // Multichannel News;3/11/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p28
The article presents a question and answer, a list and some quotes from the blog related to multichannel telecommunication industry in the U.S.
- At least it was a stuffed head. Haugsted // Multichannel News;12/20/99, Vol. 20 Issue 52, p6
Presents news items related to multichannel communication industry in the United States as of December 20, 1999. Includes exhibition of Motorola Inc.'s Communications Enterprise at the 1999 Western Show; Definition of `hold the phone'; Appointment of Bob Clasen as chief executive officer of...
- Distributed multicast multichannel paths. Isazadeh, Ayaz; Heydarian, Mohsen // Telecommunication Systems;May2012, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p55
Supporting multimedia applications in QoS-aware multicast deployment has become an important research dimension in recent years. Future communication networks will face an increase in traffic driven by multimedia applications with stringent requirements in the following important functions: (1)...
- WorldCom Full Speed Ahead On MMDS. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;03/19/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p62
Focuses on the condition of WorldCom company's investments in multichannel multipoint distribution services (MMDS) technology in the United States. Information on the MMDS project of the company in Memphis, Tennessee; Comparison of the MMDS of WorldCom and Sprint Corp.; Forecast on MMDS market.