Protecting Canadian travellers: Prevention is better than cure
- Travel Vaccines. // American Family Physician;7/1/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p103
Offers information on travel vaccines. Indications for travel vaccine administration; Mechanism of action of travel vaccines; List of travel vaccines.
- Travel vaccinations. // Pulse;11/10/2003, Vol. 63 Issue 45, p80
Presents a chart depicting the available vaccinations for travelers for various destinations.
- Rapid Protection and Vaccination against Hepatitis A for Travellers. Connor, Bradley A.; VanHerck, Koen; Van Damme, Pierre // BioDrugs;2003 Supplement, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p19
Focuses on the information and options available for the rapid protection and vaccination against hepatitis A of Western travellers visiting developing nations. Minimum time required for antibodies to develop following hepatitis A vaccination; Seroconversion rates in adults after one dose of...
- Diseases/Health Data. Coleman, Denise Youngblood // Botswana Country Review;2013, p157
The article offers health information for travelers visiting Botswana, urging them to get vaccinations for Hepatitis A and B, rabies, and typhoid 4-6 weeks before their trip, to take prevention medication before visiting an area where there is risk for malaria, and to pack anti-diarrheal medicine.
- Last-minute travellers. Townend, Mike // Update;Jul2006, Vol. 73 Issue 1, p33
The article provides advice on health risks and vaccinations for the travellers who plan for the trips in a hasty manner. The travel health advisers should have some knowledge of the location, topography and climate of the countries to which their travellers are going. The reinforcing doses of...
- Viajeros con necesidades especiales. Ferrés, Marta Cereceda // AMF: ActualizaciÃ³n en Medicina de Familia;2011, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p254
No abstract available.
- Dial a healthy trip. Gutfeld, Greg // Prevention;Jul90, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p14
Recommends obtaining medical travel information by phone. The University of Washington Travel Medicine Service at (206) 548-4888; International Association for Medical Assistance; Free advice.
- GP Practice: Medicine on the web - Sites to visit on travel vaccines. // GP: General Practitioner;7/15/2005, p38
The article focuses on websites related to the travel vaccines. The current news section gives information on recent outbreaks, which may affect travelers, and more general advice is available on travel with children. Any page on the website can be printed off as a fact sheet. And being part of...
- TIP OF THE MONTH: Travellers with known allergies. // Pulse;11/30/2006, Vol. 66 Issue 45, p66
The article offers advice on how a traveler may handle his allergies. Serology will examine that the traveler has enough immunity from the previous vaccination. He should be referred to a hospital for observation and make sure that full informed discussion has occurred before vaccinating. One...