Increasing the number of rural physicians
- Medical unemployment: European dimension. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);12/7/1985, Vol. 291 Issue 6509, p1665
Examines the dimension of unemployment of physicians in Europe. Concerns on the overproduction of physicians; Regulation of access to basic medical education; Maintenance of professional competence in a physician's medical career.
- You Got the Docs, Now Keep Them! HUFF, CHARLOTTE // Hospitals & Health Networks;Apr2014, Vol. 88 Issue 4, p32
The article offers tips on how to rural hospital leaders can retain top performing physicians. The author suggests that hospital leaders should formulate effectual retention schemes for physicians in multifaceted community, introduce their spouses on job opportunities, and furnish shifts in...
- Physician Alignment, Collaboration, and Quality Care. BETBEZE, PHILIP // HealthLeaders Magazine;Sep2011, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p28
The article discusses the results of the 2011 Physician-Hospital Alignment Survey conducted by the HealthLeaders Media Intelligence Unit. The study showed that employing physicians does not necessarily result in the physicians' alignment with the hospitals' quality goal. Majority of the...
- physician hospital integration without hospital employment. Mack, Cordell; Pederson, Craig D. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);May2010, Vol. 64 Issue 5, p86
The article discusses the physician-hospital integration without the downside of employed practice in the U.S. It states that physician employment models offer hospitals and health systems an effective alternative to address the concerns of key medical staff. It notes that hospitals can use a...
- Physician Employment Alternatives. McDonald, Andrew D. // Healthcare Executive;Sep/Oct2015, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p74
The article discusses two additional approaches for physician employment, that can be effective in the improvement of alignment between hospitals and physicians. Approaches discussed include one involving creation of co-management arrangement by hospital with specialty practice group for...
- CEO Survey. // Healthcare Executive;Nov/Dec2011, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p84
The article presents the results of the 2010 survey of hospital chief executive officers (CEOs) conducted by American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE). The study reveals that 72% of the CEOs are preparing for healthcare reforms to align the organization with physicians. Meanwhile, in...
- Overcoming the Physician Group-Hospital Cultural Gap. Wood, Karen M.; Matthews, Gary E. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Mar97, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p69
Examines issues affecting the relations between hospitals and physicians in order for integration between physician practices and hospitals to be successful. Discussion on the cultural gap between the two groups; Physician group-hospital differences; Degrees of integration for the two groups;...
- Strangers in a strange land. McGuire, Herb // Health Systems Review;May/Jun96, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p31
Focuses on physician-hospital relations. Success factors; Pitfalls hospitals face in dealing with doctors; Hospital dominance; Structure; Provisions in bylaws; Importance of establishing a physician compensation committee.
- Physicians and hospitals: New partnerships. Brown, Harriet Press; Mayer, Thomas // Health Systems Review;May/Jun96, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p35
Focuses on forging physician-hospital relationships. Integration of physicians into a corporate environment; Forces forging new partnerships; Integrated systems; Trends affecting the value of physicians.