ICI'S DEMISE DOWN TO BAD DECISIONS
- Akzo to Divest ICI's Specialty Starches. Walsh, Kerri // Chemical Week;10/10/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 33, p19
The article reports on the decision of Akzo Nobel to sell ICI's specialty starches business in 2008. This will materialize if Akzo's Â£8.1-billion acquisition of ICI is completed successfully. The specialty starches business reported first-half sales of about â‚¬ 390 million and an...
- Akzo plays down Organon sale. Ovrebekk, Hilde; Davis, Nigel; Chang, Joseph // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;1/8/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 1, p6
The article reports that Akzo Nobel denied its plan to sell its Organon drugs business to private equity instead of going ahead with its initial public offering (IPO) plan. The sale of Organon human health care and the Intervet animal health businesses to private investors continue to eye a...
- Firms Expand and Improve Facilities. // BioPharm International;Oct2004, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p14
Reports on the manufacturing facility expansion and improvement projects of various biopharmaceutical companies in the U.S. Berlex Inc.'s purchase of a site for a plant in Lynwood, Washington; Akzo Nobel NV's selection of a site in Cambridge, Massachusetts, for an Organon research laboratory.
- Akzo Nobel expands US pharmaceutical facilities. // Life Science Today;Oct2000, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p3
Reports on the expansion of Akzo Nobel BV's pharmaceutical facilities in the United States. Manufacture of a blood-clot preventing drug; Uses of the drug.
- AKZO NOBEL'S PHARMA ON COURSE FOR DOUBLE-DIGIT GROWTH. // Biotech Financial Reports;Nov2001, p5
Reports the financial performance of the Pharma Group Akzo Nobel. Focus on prescription pharmaceuticals; Plans of participating in the ranks of world-class pharmacies; Information on the annual growth and sales.
- Akzo Nobel to IPO Organon. Sinclair, Neil // Chemical Market Reporter;8/21/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 6, p12
The article reports that Akzo Nobel, a coatings and health care group, will sell 20 to 30 percent of its Organon Biosciences unit through initial public offering (IPO) in 2007 on the Euronext exchange in Amsterdam, Netherlands. Selling of Organon unit comes after the company disclosed in...
- Schering-Plough buys Organon. // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Apr2007, Issue 790, p6
This article reports on the acquisition of Organon Biosciences, a unit of Akzo Nobel, by U.S.-based pharmaceutical company Schering-Plough for â‚¬11 billion. It says that the deal put an end to Akzo's plans to list Organon on the stock market. Akzo Nobel chief executive officer Hans Wijers...
- Foreign-based generic firms expanding in U.S. market. Lee, Shirley // Drug Topics;Aug99 Supplement, Vol. 143 Issue 15, p20S
Discusses the expansion of generic drug manufacturers in the United States (US) market. Details on the expansion of Apotex Inc. from Canada to the US; Information on the worldwide acquisitions and alliances of Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd.; Migration of Akzo Nobel to the US; Manufacturing...
- Pharmaceuticals Industry Profile: the Netherlands. // Pharmaceuticals Industry Profile: the Netherlands;Dec2007, p1
Presents a profile of the Pharmaceuticals industry in the Netherlands. Background on Datamonitor, a business information company specializing in industry analysis; Executive summary of the industry; Market overview; Market value; Market segmentation; Competitive landscape; Leading companies in...