Nanotech: Still here
- McCain bill promotes technology education. // RCR;11/8/99, Vol. 18 Issue 45, p22
Reports on Senator John MacCain's bill that would bolster United States high technology by lifting the cap on visas and awarding grants to students and older Americans to improve technology-related skills.
- Berlin tightens foreign ownership rules. Szandar, Alexander // Interavia Business & Technology;Jul-Sep2003, Vol. 58 Issue 672, p7
Reports on the creation of legislation for the mandatory government approval of foreign investment in Germany's defense industry. Stand of the Association of German Industry on the enactment of the law; Concern on the sell-off of prime defense companies and their know-how to foreign investors;...
- BCS presses Whitehall on new security rules. // Computer Weekly;10/31/2002, p53
Reports that British Computer Society is urging the British government on a legislation for regulation of information technology security sector. Initiatives of the society towards the legislation; Comments of David Clarke, chief of the society on the regulation of the sector; Need for the...
- Tucson celebrates signing of tech bills. Irwin, Dave // Inside Tucson Business;05/08/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p11
Highlights the signing of three Arizona legislation concerning the high technology industries. Estimated amount that will be raised for a permanent fund under the Job Training Bill; Purpose of the Technology Training Tax Credits bill; City officials who attended the celebration for the law...
- Designer molecules help make nanotubes a snap. // Machine Design;8/9/2001, Vol. 73 Issue 15, p32
Reports on the method by which Purdue University researchers are creating tiny structures that may be used to manufacture molecular wires and other components for nanometer-sized electronics. Use of the same principle that makes DNA strands link together; Description of the process by which...
- Nanotechnology association formed. // Solid State Technology;Jul2002, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p44
No abstract available.
- nano news. // American Ceramic Society Bulletin;May2003, Vol. 82 Issue 5, p10
Reports on developments in nanotechnology as of May 2003. NanoBusiness Alliance's creation of the NanoBusiness Development Group which will work with corporations, governments, start-ups and investors to help them understand the opportunity in the nanotechnonology field; Creation of the first...
- Downsizing. Thompson, Nicholas // Washington Monthly;Oct2000, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p25
Offers a look at the involvement of the United States government in nanotechnology which was proposed by President Bill Clinton in the National Nanotech Initiative. Application of nanotechnology in manipulating molecules; Benefits of nanotechnology to computing.
- Nanotech concerns trigger study. // Process Engineering;Jul2003, Vol. 84 Issue 7, p4
Discusses the launch of an independent study to examine the risks and benefits of nanotechnology by the British government. Implications of the nanotechnology for the society; Establishment of the government-sponsored study carried out by the Royal society and the Royal Academy of Engineering;...