STILL ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT IN LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT AFTER A DECADE OF PQS
- Membership: what you need to know. // People Management;Jan2014, p37
The article presents questions and answers about Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) including changes in CIPD membership, how members can upgrade, and the routes to membership.
- Skills shortages continue to pose problems. // Education (14637073);4/4/2008, Issue 307, p5
This article reports on the findings of the annual learning and development survey of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development, which revealed that skills shortages in Great Britain continue to pose problems. According to the survey, 53 percent of organizations believe that their...
- Do I need a law qualification? // People Management;11/25/2010, p38
The article provides an answer to a question of the importance of Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) qualifications to the success of a human resource (HR) professional.
- CIPD China snub shows real lack of imagination. Dempsey, Karen // Personnel Today;12/11/2007, p12
The article presents the author's comments on the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD)'s act of turning down an opportunity to provide official HR qualifications in China. She says that the institute turned down the opportunity because it was apparently too resource intensive....
- burning career issues. // Personnel Today;11/20/2007, p39
The article provides an answer to a question asked by a reader who wants to know the importance of doing a management qualification.
- GULF LESSONS PROVE POPULAR. Crofts, Pauline // People Management;11/15/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 23, p58
The article deals with the visit made by Mike Watts, professional development director of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIDP), to the United Arab Emirates (UAE) in support of a growing demand for human resources (HR) qualifications in the region. Foundation courses for...
- How do I switch from medicine? Willmott, Ben; Moran, Michael; Lees, John // People Management;Oct2011, p66
The article presents pieces of advice to a medical doctor who is also a chartered member of the British Chartered Institute of Personnel and Developmen (CIPD), who is planning on transitioning to the third sector as a senior manager, focusing on well-being at work. Ben Willmott, senior human...
- CIPD pledges to make HR more relevant. // Personnel Today;2/17/2009, p3
The article reports that the qualifications for the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) will be transformed over 2010 to offer human resource (HR) staff a greater understanding of performance in organizations. The head of the institute, Jackie Orme said that the changes were...
- What can I earn asâ€¦ a public sector HR adviser in the North West? // Personnel Today;1/16/2007, p33
The article discusses how one can be a public sector Human Resource (HR) adviser in North West England. One needs to gain two to three years' HR experience, along with a degree and Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development qualification to become HR adviser. HR adviser will be responsible...