IT'S THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN
- What is a Covenant Relationship? Kroth, Michael; Boverie, Patricia // New Mexico Business Journal;Apr2002, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p52
Discusses several aspects of a covenant relationship. Definition of a covenant; Description of a condition wherein employers had covenantal relationship with their employees; Benefits of the relationship to the company.
- Welcome to the 'new normal' Howard, Simon // People Management;11/21/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 23, p58
Analyzes the recruitment market in Great Britain as of November 2002. Problems facing the market; Effects of deregulation in the financial markets on companies; Implication of the latest Recruitment Confidence Index on the hiring of human resource people.
- Just When You Thought It Was Safe... Robinson, Kevin // Pharmaceutical Technology Europe;Mar2003, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p4
Discusses findings of 'Human Resource Trends and Prospects for 2003,' a redundancy survey by the people management experts, Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development. projected job cuts; Percentage of organizations that made redundancies; Higher stress levels in the public sector;...
- IRREGULAR GUISE. Jenkins, Sue // People Management;11/25/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 21, p22
Deals with the impact of an employment legislation in Brussels, Belgium on personnel management in Great Britain. Basis of equal treatment of employees; Discussion on the issues regarding the employment conditions of agency workers; Benefits which are included in the directive's provisions.
- Just-in-time loyalty. Lewis, Len // Progressive Grocer;Apr2000, Vol. 79 Issue 4, p6
Talks about the trend toward just-in-time loyalty among employees. Labor crisis in the business; Correlation between the economy's health and employee loyalty; Characteristics of Generations X and Y employees.
- SCANNING THE ENVIRONMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT IN EUROPE AND IN THE U.S.: SO FAR AND YET SO CLOSE. Sanchez, Juan I.; Kepir-Sinangil, Handan // International Journal of Organizational Analysis (2003);2003, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p153
Common and unique themes representing the social, economic, political, and legislative environment affecting the practice of human resources management in Europe in the next five years were compared and contrasted to those affecting the U.S. Members of the professional associations of industrial...
- Build solid ground. Huling, Jim // Smart Business Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky;Apr2009, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p6
The author presents ideas on how strengthen employees' trust during difficult times in the U.S. He recommends that company officials should not maintain a false image of normalcy when the company is in struggle because it will lead to the loss of employees' trust. He suggests that company...
- New Orleans Looks for Qualified Workers. Woodward, Nancy Hatch // HR Magazine;Apr2006, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p38
The article offers a look at the employment situation in New Orleans, Louisiana after Hurricane Katrina. As far as being able to attract enough employees, nothing has really changed since Katrina. For Julie Dicharry-Quistagaard, the Baton Rouge branch manager for Spherion Staffing, conditions...
- RELAXING THE RULES. Tiffen, Nicola // People Management;8/7/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 16, p19
Reports on the changes made in the working holidaymakers scheme in Great Britain. Features of the scheme; Benefits of the scheme to employers; Increase in the age limit of employees included in the scheme.