Dont Do It for Al Gore; Do It Because It's Good for Business!
- HEAT RECOVERY FOR CONVEYOR DRYERS. Poandl, Frank // Process Heating;Oct2014, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p25
The article reports on various methods of heat recovery that are used to improve the efficiency and decrease the operating costs of dryers used to thermally process for super absorbent polymers (SAPs). It refers to a dryer efficiency study focused on reducing utility consumption related to...
- Calendar. // Sustainable Industries;Mar/Apr2011, Issue 94, p39
A calendar of U.S. and Canada sustainable industries events for the period March to May 2011 is presented including GoGreen, Seattle in Washington on April 20, forum Living Future in Vancouver, British Columbia on April 27-29, and AltBuild Expo, Santa Monica, California on May 6-7.
- Curing insulation. // Process Engineering;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 94 Issue 4, p56
The article reports that a skid-mounted electric boiler and ancillaries has been supplied by heat transfer specialist, Fulton, to the Prysmian Group to cure the insulation applied to the company's electric cables.
- Sustainable Industries Top 10 Green Building Products. // Sustainable Industries;Jan2010, Issue 83, p42
A list of the top 10 U.S. Green Building Products for 2009 in the Sustainable Industries sector is presented which includes ec-H20, InSpire Wall and Kama Energy Efficient.
- CATCHING UP TO Better boilers. Wadland, Dean T. // Engineered Systems;Sep2002, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p36
Presents the forced-draft boiler design. Importance of technological advancement to improve the heat transfer characteristics of the boiler; Correlation of surface area quality to protect the materials against damage; Use of heat exchanger design methods.
- Green building worth the price. // Canadian Consulting Engineer;Mar/Apr2004, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p8
Reports on the cost benefit analysis of green buildings by the Sustainable Building Task Force from California. Comparison of costs between green buildings with regular designs; Economy of the investment; Average life cycle savings.
- System Configurations. // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Dec2008, Vol. 80 Issue 12, p19
The article discusses the configuration management for thermal-energy transfer (TET) system in the U.S. These TET system configurations factors include vertical stack, consule, water-to-water and roof-top water-to-air. Information about the brief description, usefulness and its contribution...
- The optimization ratio study of steady state heat transfer and dynamic heat transfer in Hot-humid and Cold-humid Area. Shuang Liang; Wang Yan // Advanced Materials Research;2014, Issue 935, p52
By means of the establishment of thermal stability evaluation model and simulating in Huafeng factory residential building, the relationship between the D value and building thermal stability and the optimal distribution ratio are obtained. The results show that:at the shape coefficient=0.40,...
- GBCI to administer Green Garage Certification Program. // Architecture Update;1/19/2016, p2
The article reports that the Green Garage Certification Program will be administered by Green Business Certification Inc. (GBCI) through its acquisition of the Green Parking Council.