- CONFLICTS IN COMMITMENT TO ART EDUCATION. Leatherbury, Leven C. // Art Education;Feb71, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p6
The author relates the author's view on the differences of personal commitments of the members of the National Art Education Association (NAEA) to art education. The author mentions that most are involved in making learning experiences in art a reality for students of all ages. He shares that...
- Our Progress - and Our Job. Ziegfeld, Edwin // Art Education;Jan/Feb48, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p1
The article focuses on art education and the progress of the National Art Education Association. The author recalls that in the previous year, a number of art educators from various regional organizations decided that the strengthening of the national art organization was urgent and should be...
- W. Reid Hastie: A Visionary for Research in Art Education. Davis, D. Jack; Madeja, Stanley S. // Studies in Art Education;Summer2009, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p314
W. Reid Hastie, the fifth president (1957-1959) of the National Art Education Association, promoted the need for a scholarly venue devoted entirely to issues and research in art education and a place where related research results could be presented on a regular basis to the field of art...
- SECONDARY DIVISION. Felts, Lynn // NAEAnews;Dec2012, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p10
The article presents updates on the secondary division of the National Art Education Association (NAEA) in the U.S. as of December 2012 including the publication of the lesson plans of six secondary visual art educators on the NAEA Instructional Resource Gallery and the preparations for the...
- RETIRED ART EDUCATORS AFFILIATE (RAEA). Curtis, Robert W. // NAEAnews;Dec2012, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p16
The article provides information on the Retired Art Educators Affiliate (RAEA), an issues group under the National Art Education Association (NAEA).
- ELEMENTARY DIVISION. Meng, Kirby // NAEAnews;Apr2013, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p10
The article offers the author's insight on the programs by the Elementary Division of National Art Education Association (NAEA) to support the art educators including the research committee, awards for elementary art teachers, and the web sites information for the programs of NAEA.
- THE CHALLENGE OF CHANGE. // Art Education;Sep67 Supplement, p3
People that the author would like to thank for their assistance in the special issue of "Art Education" are mentioned.
- AN OPEN LETTER TO PARENTS. Caucutt, Allen // Art Education;Dec80, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p7
The author addresses parents regarding the system of education that emphasized academics and sports more than the arts. He presents his observation on the decline of his son's interest in the visual arts while progressing in grade level, which he attributes to the academic philosophy of the...
- Survey of Art Teacher Educators: Qualifications, Identity, and Practice. Milbrandt, Melody K.; Klein, Sheri R. // Studies in Art Education;Summer2008, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p343
A survey conducted in the fall of 2006 on the National Art Education Association Higher Education Listserv yielded rich demographic in formation about the contexts, preparation, and values of 100 higher education art educator volunteer participants. The academic credentials of art educator...