Big one in 2008
- 30 years ago in reason. // Reason;Nov2010, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p12
The article offers 1970 issues in the periodical "Reason" including "How Right is Reagan," by Doug Bandow, "Pirates TV Station in Israel," and "Taxed to Death," by Alan Reynolds.
- REAGAN TODAY. McLaughlin, John // National Review;3/9/1984, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p23
Forecasts status of presidential candidates for the presidential election in the U.S in 1984. Comparison of status of country's President Ronald Reagan with presidential candidate Walter Mondale; Reasons provide by Reagan's supporters regarding retrieval of New York by Reagan; Observation of...
- Four More Years. // Progressive;Dec84, Vol. 48 Issue 12, p9
Characterizes American voters in relation to the 1984 victory of Ronald Reagan in the presidential elections. Reasons behind the victory of Reagan; Comparison between the policies of Reagan and opponent Walter Mondale; Liberal commentators' claim that voters in the country lack idealism;...
- 'We can foresee vulnerability of an environment'. // India Today;3/29/2010, p11
In this article, the author asserts that it is difficult to predict which kind of technological innovation is going to dominate the world. He mentions the invention of the wheel and how it changed the way things work in the world. He compares the observed technological changes to the political...
- The Reagan Tax Increases. // America;8/21/1982, Vol. 147 Issue 5, p84
The article reflects on the support given by U.S. President Ronald Reagan, who pushed through the Congress a three-year tax cut program in 1981, to a tax increase of $98.3 billion. It mentions that inflation is slowing down as a result of the tight monetary policy of the Federal Reserve Board....
- Overhauling the Tax System. Reagan, Ronald // Vital Speeches of the Day;6/15/85, Vol. 51 Issue 17, p514
Presents a speech by Ronald Reagan, president of the U.S., delivered to the American people in Washington, D.C., on May 28, 1985. Transformation of the tax system in the country; Criticisms on the country's tax system; Proposal on changes in the tax system; Retention of deductions in taxation.
- THE TALK OF THE TOWN. // New Yorker;12/10/84, Vol. 60 Issue 34, p43
Comments on the political issues arising from the reelection of U.S. President Ronald Reagan. Political issues on a landslide victory of President Reagan; Issue of the federal budget deficit during the Reagan administration; Statement from public officers on the necessity of a tax increase.
- Details of Tax Cut Proposals. Reagan, Ronald // Vital Speeches of the Day;8/15/81, Vol. 47 Issue 21, p642
Presents the text of a speech delivered by U.S. President Ronald Reagan to the U.S. citizens in Washington, D.C. on July 27, 1981 which dealt with tax cut proposals.
- The Reagan Tax Proposal. // Congressional Digest;Jun/Jul81, Vol. 60 Issue 6/7, p163
Discusses about the proposition of tax program by President Ronald Reagan in the U.S. Congress. Budget plan by the President to cut the rate of growth in federal spending; Assessment of the tax-cut policy of Reagan; Significance of the President's tax proposal for the U.S. citizenry.