Weigh the Options
- DO YOU KNOW YOUR ISO RATING? Festa, James P. // Fire Engineering;Jan2004, Vol. 157 Issue 1, p128
Shares highlights of an survey conducted by the author on several fire departments in New York State, on their knowledge on the Insurance Services Office Inc. (ISO), a private corporation that evaluates industries for insurance rating purposes, and the Public Protection Classification (PPC)...
- THE ISO'S PUBLIC PROTECTION CLASSIFICATION PROGRAM. Gage, Dennis // Fire Engineering;Jan2004, Vol. 157 Issue 1, p130
Discusses the role of the Public Protection Classification program of the Insurance Public Services Office (ISO) Inc. for fire department evaluation in the U.S. Evaluation of the communications center by ISO field representatives; Review of the distribution of fire companies; Inspection on...
- AT A PREMIUM. Wilmoth, Janet // Fire Chief;Dec2007, Vol. 51 Issue 12, p44
An interview with Mike Waters, vice president of Insurance Service Office Inc.'s (ISO) Public Protection Classification system in the U.S., is presented. When asked about ISO, he explained that it is a licensed organization, which has the responsibility of establishing baseline-loss costs. He...
- GS Fire Department/EMS Lower ISO Rating for Home Owners. // Grand Saline Sun (TX);9/10/2009, Vol. 113 Issue 36, p1
The article reports on the new Insurance Services Office (ISO) Public Protection Classification (PPC) grade of Grand Saline, Texas from class 6 to class 4 due to the passage of the Emergency Services District No. 2.
- Trinidad ISO improves. // Malakoff News (TX);5/13/2011, Vol. 102 Issue 19, p13A
The article reports that Trinidad, Texas had improved in its 2011 U.S. Insurance Services Office (ISO) rating, which calculates fire insurance premium rates, as the city will have a rating of 5 beginning in August 1, 2011 for having its three fire stations qualified.
- ISO Announces 'Cube' Program As Enhancement Of MarketWatch For Analyzing Price-Change Data. // Insurance Advocate;7/21/2001, Vol. 112 Issue 28, p30
Introduces the ISO MarketWatch Cube program from the Insurance Service Office Inc., which offers commercial insurance price-change information. Benefits of the program; Availability of the program.
- ISO To Report On Commercial Prices. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;01/08/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 2, p12
Reports on the plan of Insurance Services Office (ISO) in New York to report commercial insurance price change information through ISO MarketWatch. Features of the program; Basis and availability.
- Whitney ISO rating improves. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);10/22/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 41, p1
The article discusses on the improvement of home insurance rates issued by the Insurance Services Office (ISO) in Whitney, Texas based on water distribution and fire department equipment and manpower.
- ISO Unveils IntegRater. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;11/06/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 45, p62
Announces the development of ISO IntegRater, an electronic delivery mechanism for loading data into insurance rating systems by the Insurance Services Office in New York. Significance of the ISO IntegRater.