THE NEW MAINSTREAM
- Racing Toward Television's Future. WINSLOW, GEORGE // Multichannel News;1/5/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p12
The article discusses how multichannel television industry is bolstering its efforts to capitalize on changing trend in consumers watching video content. Topics discussed include statement of Howard Horowitz, president of market research firm Horowitz Associates, telecommunication company AT&T's...
- Building Better Streaming. Barrett, Randy // Multichannel News;11/5/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 44, p17
The article reports on trends related to Internet video and television broadcasting in the U.S. as of November 2007. Trends indicate a growing competition among content distribution networks to get streaming video bits to viewers better, cheaper and faster. Industry players include Akamai...
- VOICES. ARLEN, GARY // Multichannel News;5/14/2012, Issue 20, p44
The article offers the author's view on the move of the television (TV) industry on changing their make-up following the growth of over-the-top and online video and as competitors enter the business.
- Washington Watch. McConnell, Bill; Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;01/11/99, Vol. 129 Issue 2, p20
Presents an update on television broadcasting in Washington D.C. as of January 11, 1998. Speakers for the Congressional activity; Operational rules for satellite user contracts; Reconsiderations for the protection of instructional television licensees sought by Wireless Communication Association.
- Broadband TV? No Telephone Rewiring Necessary. Poloskina, Brian // Inter@ctive Week;05/01/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 17, p26
Reports on the offering of broadband television (TV) without the need for coaxial cables. Use of Internet protocol over a broadband connection in the transmission of TV signal from iMagic TV company; How it works; Other services that can be layered over; Demand from consumers.
- Maximizing revenue opportunity in the metro. Ozveren, Cuneyt // CED;Mar2004, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p46
Focuses on revenue opportunity for cable television operators in fiber optic technology in the U.S. Importance of integrated, intelligent and application-aware architecture; Bandwidth capacity of optical access technologies.
- MTV Goes Into Overdrive. Shields, Mike // MediaWeek;4/11/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 15, p12
Reports on the launch of the MTV Overdrive hybrid television channel by MTV Networks for broadband users on April 25, 2005. Services offered by the television channel; Advertisers on the television channel; Goal of the television channel.
- ITV execs maintain broadband is key. Dunphy, Laura // Electronic Media;04/16/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 16, p17
Focuses on the expected growth of interactive television applications as broadcasts are delivered in conjunction with high-speed Internet access or broadband in the United States. Importance of the expansion of broadband networks to the interactive television industry; Expected impact of...
- Discovery Channel offers content over broadband. Webdale, Jonathan // New Media Age;2/12/2004, p4
Reports on the launch of the Discovery Broadband subscription service by Discovery Channel in Great Britain. Television stations that have broadband subscription service; Subscription fee for the Discovery video clips offered by the commercial television network; Rationale behind the broadband...