A CHANCE TO GROW
- What's your problem? Bullmore, Jeremy // Management Today;Feb2000, p97
Answers queries related to executives and industrial management. Includes character portrait of an executive who systematically fails to pay subordinates; Management of a popular but underperforming member of a work groups.
- Interviewing for Style. Fagiano, David // Management Review;Nov90, Vol. 79 Issue 11, p4
Provides information on how to match applicants for a managerial position to job style. Types of companies the applicant has worked for; Description on the job of the applicant; Peer group match; Characteristics that define a manager; Primary responsibility of managers.
- Make your team look good--or bow out. // Executive Leadership;Feb2014, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p8
The article presents questions and answers about credit for best ideas and how to discipline an employee.
- Maximising performance to achieve competitive advantage. McLean, Jacqueline // Manager: British Journal of Administrative Management;Spring2010, Issue 70, p30
The article focuses on the concept of performance management, and discusses several factors that affect the performance including personal factors, team factors and system factors. It lists the key goals of performance management which includes empowering individuals and teams to take the...
- How toâ€¦ implement flexible working practices. Patel, Anisha // Personnel Today;12/4/2007, p27
The article provides some suggestions for implementing flextime practice in offices. Some of the suggestions include consulting with staff about flexible working programs through an employee survey and implementing a performance management system for employees who choose to adopt the practice of...
- Why Leaders Should Ask Rather Than Tell. Murray, Bob // Effective Executive;Sep2014, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p19
In these days of rapid change and complexity, sometimes the simple things are the most powerful--a smile that crinkles the eyes or a warm handshake. In the world of business, one of the simplest, most powerful and most often neglected communication tools is the question. In this paper, I will...
- When Teams Regress. Guttman, Howard M. // Leadership Excellence Essentials;Aug2007, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p12
The article offers some tips to business leaders in the U.S. on revitalizing a sluggish high-performing team. It claims that high-performing teams are not perpetually high-performing and that well-led teams make more mistakes than average teams. It discusses the role of a leader of a...
- expert's viewâ€¦ on succeeding as a team leader. Perks, Jonathan // Personnel Today;7/4/2006, p27
The article focuses on the views of the author on how to succeed as a team leader. Good leaders should be aware of their strengths and weaknesses. A good team leader should value the strengths and talents of the members of the team. The team leader should set an example for his team. According...
- 'Team Players' Expect Real Choices. Rosner, Bob // Workforce (10928332);May2001, Vol. 80 Issue 5, p62
Interviews Marshall Goldsmith, executive director of the Financial Times Knowledge Dialogue company and editor of `Coaching for Leadership' and `Learning Journeys.' Issue in human resource management which is not usually addressed; How teamwork affects a company's personnel; Changes needed on...