- Wind Power. Ramaley, Shirley Anne // Boys' Quest;Aug/Sep2012, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p18
The article discusses wind power with information on windmills or wind turbines as a renewable energy source and the advantages and disadvantages of wind power.
- Siemens Wins Orders for Five Onshore Projects in Northern Germany. // Transmission & Distribution World Exclusive Insight;10/28/2016, p4
The article reports that Siemens has secured five orders of its wind turbines to be installed for SÃ¼dermarsch Wind GmbH & Co. in Schleswig-Holstein and for Beedenbostel Wind Farm in Lower Saxony in Germany, respectively.
- Wind turbines louder than expected. // Noise & Vibration Worldwide;Mar2009, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p24
The article features the noise produced by forty-six wind turbines at the Michigan Wind Park at Ubly village in Michigan. Eventhough the people is happy about the usefulness of these wind mills to the community, they are worried about the noise that it produces. According to Jan Sageman, a...
- Windmill: The New Era Of Energy. Pawar, Vijayanta Vasantrao; Shilwant, S. C. // Indian Streams Research Journal;Oct2012, Vol. 2 Issue 9, Special section p1
A windmill is a machine which converts the energy of wind into rotational energy by means of vanes called sails or blades. The history of wind power shows a general evolution from the use of simple, light devices driven by aerodynamic drag forces; to heavy, material-intensive drag devices; to...
- A New Spin on Wind. Weil, Josh // Orion Magazine;Nov/Dec2005, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p60
The article focuses on the prospect of rooftop windmills in the U.S. The East Village wind turbine was the first modern urban wind turbine in the U.S. built in 1976. The effort of some wind engineers to adopt vertical-axis turbines failed to convinced the industry of the viability of rooftop...
- BITTER WINDS. Reid, Charles // Canadian Geographic;Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 124 Issue 4, p38
Focuses on the proposed construction of wind turbines in Irving, Texas. Opposition of Joanne Blow against the proposal; Effects of windmills on humans according to Blow.
- New Midwest crop comes sweeping down the plain. McLaughlin, Abraham // Christian Science Monitor;3/9/99, Vol. 91 Issue 70, p2
Discusses the use of high-tech windmills in corn rows and wheat fields of the midwestern United States. Description of the windmills; Money being paid to farmers and other landowners to install them; Increasing awareness of the economic advantages of wind energy; Examples of farms with...
- ENERGY DEVELOPMENT. // Planning (14672073);5/23/2008, Issue 1770, p22
The article reports on the support given by an inspector to a 60 miles high monitoring mast on a site near Leeds in England. The support is due to the need to assess whether wind speeds in the area could support the development of a wind farm. From wind data already gathered about the appeal...
- Plea for reasoned debate over wind farm development. // Farmers Weekly;9/5/2003, Vol. 139 Issue 10, p12
Deals with the plans of residents to launch an opposition campaign against the proposed wind farm development in Suffolk, England. Details on the wind turbine construction plan; Disadvantage of wind turbine construction in the site; Viability of the proposal.