EAST is EAST
- Dignity at Work for Low Wage, Low Skill Service Workers. Berg, Peter; Frost, Ann C. // Relations Industrielles / Industrial Relations;Fall2005, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p657
Using responses from a telephone survey of 589 low wage, low skill workers in US hospitals, the authors investigate the workplace features that influence workers' perceptions of dignity at work. Both work organization variables and union representation are investigated as potential factors...
- A COMPARISON OF "TRADITIONAL" AND "ATYPICAL" WORKERS: DEMOGRAPHIC, BEHAVIORAL, AND ATTITUDINAL DIFFERENCES. Bennett, Nathan; Carson, Paula Phillips; Carson, Kerry D.; Blum, Terry C. // Journal of Business & Psychology;Summer94, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p467
Differences among full-time (n = 1066), part-time (n = 132), and moonlighting employees (n = 153) in a variety of occupations were examined. Moonlighters as compared to full-timers were younger, more frequently male, perceived less educational fit with their main jobs, and were primary wage...
- Be nice and co-workers will thank you. Mackay, Harvey // Buffalo Law Journal;1/26/2012, Vol. 84 Issue 8, p3
The author presents the result of the survey made by the Robert Half organization concerning workplace etiquette and offers tips for proper and more productive workplace behavior.
- Do you Observe Workplace Ethics? // Hiba;6/30/2014, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p37
A test which measures an individual's observance of workplace ethics is presented.
- A FEW WORDS ON NUTS. Fort, Randall M. // Esquire;Dec2012, Vol. 158 Issue 5, p34
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Working" in the October 2012 issue of the periodical.
- Trust begins with you. King, Pam // Wyoming Business Report;Aug2014, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p3
The author offers suggestions about building trust in the workplace with emphasis on leaders modeling ethical and trustworthy behavior and open communication, as exemplified at BBB Serving Northern Colorado and Wyoming.
- 7 Ways to Annoy Coworkers. // Professional Safety;Dec2015, Vol. 60 Issue 12, p56
The article discusses some of the work habits that annoy co-workers including making too much noise, disrupting conference calls and excessive chatting.
- Avoiding harassment claims. Bennetts, Emilie // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;9/3/2010, Vol. 200 Issue 4643, p44
The article discusses the context of harassment in the workplace and offers ways on how to avoid it in Great Britain. It mentions that harassment is a form of discrimination that involves unwanted conduct that is offensive to a person or violates his or her dignity. It affirms that it is...
- Managing successfully...managing diversity. Barrile, Steve // Businessdate;May2003, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p5
The article provides guidelines on diversity management at a workplace in Australia. There has been an increase in same sex partners and lone parent households. There are now more women than men in the Australian population. These statistics show the nature of diversity that exists in Australian...