But Will It Work?
- Assignment: Monitoring People. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Nov2007, Vol. 44 Issue 11, p84
The article focuses on the web-based Brivo access control system installed at the Appletree School in Fairfax, Virginia to heighten the school's security. It relates that the school decided to install the system to address security issues concerning the school's proximity to people wandering off...
- New System from ADT Is Designed for Simpler Operation. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jul2002, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p24
Reports that ADT Security Services Inc. plans to deliver an innovative new breed of security products and services to customers as of July 2002. Strategies adopted by the company to address consumer concerns about security system complexity; Features of the Safewatch E-Z system introduced by...
- The Case for Private Response. Vickers, John // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jul2002, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p58
Discusses the role of security response companies in reducing the false alarm problem faced by the security systems industry. Statistics on false alarm activations faced in a month; Losses incurred due to false alarm activations.
- How Filters Can Give You What Your Customer Cares about. Bucci, Giorgio // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Apr2008, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p111
The article elaborates on steps in reducing false alarms in companies in the U.S. Before one begins to reduce false alarms, he must have an understanding of the fundamental difference between motion detection and intelligent video. One must determine the most important security aspect for each...
- Progress with the Process. Scherer, Matt // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Aug2007, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p50
The article discusses the security management system of Baylor School in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Due to the concerns raised by parents and students regarding its security program, the management of Baylor contracts the service of Global Systems Solutions (GSS) to upgrade the security system of...
- Turning the Tide through the Press. Stepanek, Laura // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Mar2003, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p8
Focuses on the impact of the publication of articles concerning security false alarms on resolving the issue in the U.S. Effect of false alarms on the performance of the industry; Actions taken by private and government agencies to tackle the issue; Success of the available security systems in...
- Real-time Video Monitoring In Education. Zalud, Bill // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jul2004, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p72
Discusses the advantage of using digital security video monitoring in schools in the U.S. Benefit of the equipment in documenting acts of vandalism and securing environments for students; Apprehensions made by the school based on the implementation of the security equipment; Main selling point...
- Inicia tu Agencia de Seguridad. Rocha, Nora Castaños; Del Castillo, José Manuel Ruiz // Entrepreneur Mexico;mar2008, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p46
No abstract available.
- Mixed Response. O'Connell, Tim // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jul2002, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p56
Focuses on the false alarm problem faced by the security systems industry. Factors that contribute to the false alarm problem; Response of the U.S. Department of Justice to the false alarm problem faced by the security systems industry; Statistics on false alarm activations faced in a year.