FEAR OF DIFFICULT CONVERSATIONS HAMPERS DIVERSITY
- Judith H. Katz and Frederick A. Miller. Katz, Judith H.; Miller, Frederick A. // Profiles in Diversity Journal;Jul/Aug2007, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p50
The author reflects on the future of business following today's shifts in the approach of diversity and inclusion. According to her, nowadays, organizations no longer debate on the need for a high-performing, diverse workforce. She asserts that policies, practices, and support for people of all...
- Variety Pack. Ramaswami, Rama // Operations & Fulfillment;Apr2002, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p6
Editorial. Presents information on themes of adaptation in work diversity research. Change in the offerings of Andersen/Texas A&M; Modification of procedures; Details on the report 'Who's Minding the Future?,' published by Andersen and the Center for Retailing Studies at Texas A&M University.
- Good leaders understand contributions of different personalities. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;06/29/98, Issue 322322, p15
Focuses on diversity issues in the workplace. Use of Enneagram; Understanding personality differences; Reorganization in businesses; Conflicts resulting from diversity.
- How to… manage a diversity programme. Doke, DeeDee; Beagrie, Scott // Personnel Today;2/4/2003, p31
Provides suggestions on how to manage diversity in the workplace. Meaning of diversity; Importance of diversity in the workplace; Approach to be adopted in the implementation of diversity programs; Significance of diversity audit; Web site addresses to search for more information.
- The Spice of Life. Hopen, Deborah // Journal for Quality & Participation;Winter2004, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p3
Introduces a series of article about workplace diversity.
- The Challenge Ahead. Morabito, Cheri // Profiles in Diversity Journal;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p2
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on what inclusion really entails which is beyond the declaration of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), the nature of diversity and inclusion in today's workplace and learn from the experts to...
- Drawing the boss-friend line. // Administrative Professional Today;Jun2010, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p4
The article offers tips on how to manage former business peers and current friends while maintaining the respect as someone in authority.
- A Face-to-Face Encounter with Differences. Terez, Tom // Workforce (10928332);Jun2002, Vol. 81 Issue 6, p24
Presents an article which focuses on diversity, tolerance and acceptance in the workplace.
- Creating a State of Diversity in Massachusetts. Turner, Robert // BusinessWest;9/1/2008, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p12
The author reflects on the benefits concerning the launch of the Commonwealth Compact program in Massachusetts. He asserts that the program, which aims to increase diversity in the workplace, plays essential role in promoting equality among workers belonging to different groups. The author...