EDITOR'S TALKING POINT
- What Would Lincoln Say Today? Effective Communicators Will Always Out-Perform. Griessman, Gene // International Professional Performance Magazine;2007, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p21
The author reflects on how to become an effective communicator. As a successful communicator himself, he states that his favorite communication technique is telling stories. He stresses that stories can be used to win an argument and prevent quarrel. He also narrates his experience when his...
- How to Add Storytelling to Your Toolkit. Mathews, Ryan // Chief Learning Officer;May2008, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p24
The article examines the use of storytelling as an important tool for an organization to communicate with customers and employees alike, including several steps on integrating it. The essential functions and roles of storytelling are mentioned, including explaining origins, defining identity and...
- Story Time: Bringing Business Speeches to Life. Holte, Jim // Public Relations Strategist;Spring2012, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p26
The article offers information on the use of business communication effectively. It states that to have an impact of the speech on people, one can make use of stories and incidents, that can help understand the situation and concept better. It mentions that the business speeches should not get...
- EDITORIAL: NARRATIVE MATTERS 2004. Furlong, Dolores; Randall, William L. // McGill Journal of Education;Winter2005, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p11
Presents information related to the narrative discipline. View that stories are the storehouses of knowledge and wisdom, of pain and hope; Exploration into the world of narrative ideas; Devotion to the topic of narrative in educational research and practice.
- MY PORTFOLIO. Burn, Johnnie // Campaign;9/17/2004, Issue 38, p22
This article presents the author's portfolio. The author says that, now the sound designer, he started his career as a tea boy at the Tate Gallery, not that people would know it now. Frustratingly, it seems sound design is still regarded by many directors in post-production terms, and some still...
- How To Tell a Story. Snyder, Judith // Hopscotch;Apr/May2012, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p20
The article offers tips for telling a good story.
- Circle Time. Kelley, Stephanie // Hopscotch;Apr/May2012, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p45
The article suggests sitting in a circle with a group of friends to tell stories.
- VRIJEME NESTAJANJA. SJEÄ†ANJE, FILM I FOTOGRAFIJA U ROMANU LEICA FORMAT DAÅ E DRNDIÄ†. Mijatović, Aleksandar // Fluminensia;2010, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p25
No abstract available.
- Truth and Storytelling. Szanto, George // Textual Studies in Canada;Fall2002, Issue 16, p77
Examines the way in which stories happen and how they get told. Process of storytelling; Four transforming steps; Reference to the story 'How Ali Cran Got His Name.'