Warren's Wrong on U.S. Taxes
- Why They Hate Warren Buffet. DIONNE, JR., E. J. // Moderate Voice;9/29/2011, p19
The article discusses the reason behind the outrage of conservatives and other Americans on investor Warren Buffet, who said that he pays lower taxes that his secretary. It states that U.S. President Barack Obama uses his statement to justify an increase of taxes on rich people. It says that the...
- A rogue billionaire whose a friend of the little guy. Pizzigati, Sam // Southern Illinois Labor Tribune;9/1/2011, Vol. 75 Issue 5, Special section p23
The article discusses the views of billionaire Warren Buffet on how to manage a business and relates on the reaction of his fellow billionaires concerning the article he wrote in the "New York Times" wherein he suggests imposing higher taxes for rich people.
- Warrenâ€™s Way. Surowiecki, James // New Yorker;12/10/2012, Vol. 88 Issue 39, p1
The article presents a profile of American billionaire capitalist Warren Buffett. The article discusses an anthology of writings by and about Buffet edited by Carol Loomis, titled "Tap-Dancing to Work," discusses his efforts to promote the idea of increasing taxation for the rich in the U.S. to...
- Billionaire Buffett urges Congress to raise taxes on wealthy. FUNK, JOSH // Southern Illinois Labor Tribune;12/6/2012, Vol. 76 Issue 17, p4
The article focuses on the move of billionaire Warren Buffett to call for higher taxes on rich people and to urge U.S. Congress to compromise on spending cuts and tax increases.
- Your Turn: Reader Comments On The Web. // National Underwriter / P&C;8/22/2011, Vol. 115 Issue 30, p30
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "Opinion: The Real Cost of Certificates Of Insurance," "Buffett Says Raise Taxes On 'Mega-Rich," and "Industry Pushes for Graduated Teen Licensing."
- My new hero from Omaha. PRESS, BILL // Hill;10/14/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 140, p17
The article offers the author's insights on his new hero, American billionaire Warren Buffett, because of Buffett's willingness to pay his fair share in taxes in the U.S.
- Warren Buffett advises Democrats to raise taxes. Bolton, Alexander // Hill;9/11/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 101, p1
The article reports that Warren Buffet, an investor and cited as the second richest man in the world, advised Senate Democrats to raise taxes on wealthy Americans.
- The Wizard of Omaha. Hamilton, Joan // Town & Country;Jan2003, Vol. 157 Issue 5272, p102
Profiles investor Warren Buffett.
- Billion dollar brain. Davis, Jonathan // Management Today;Nov94, p84
Describes United States stock market investor Warren Buffett's career as investing for the long-term and backing management to the hilt. Track record for consistent above-average performance unparalleled in the investment management business; Requirements of: strong business franchise, strong...