Setting a Goal Means Pushing Boundaries
- Fire or money? // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);10/12/2011, Vol. 109 Issue 27, p3A
In this article, the author comments on the needfor urgent service of fire departments in Texas fire incidents within the area.
- Preparing small departments for the big fire. Fetrow, Jack // Fire Engineering;Feb98, Vol. 151 Issue 2, p8
Provides information on how small fire departments in United States prepare for big fires. Activities comprising preplanning for fire service; Author's experience in a fire service; How the author organized the command of firemen and conduct a firefight; Details on various investigations...
- MANAGING EMS AT SPECIAL EVENTS. Lewis, John C. // Fire Engineering;Feb2003, Vol. 156 Issue 2, p81
Presents ways in managing events related to fire management by EMS providers in the U.S. Definition of a public events; Types of events and nonprofit-sponsored activities; Determination of planning meetings for events by fire departments.
- What are the sales/financial ratios for your employees? Swepston, Mark // Contractor Magazine;Apr94, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p26
Presents the author's views in setting performance goals. Financial averages and ratios; Annual sales volume; Cost of sales/labor;; Pretax net income.
- Prioritizing goals. Straub, Joseph T. // Getting Results...For the Hands-on Manager: Plant Edition;Jun96, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p8
Focuses on the factors influencing priorities set by supervisors from the United States for short- and long-term goals. Charting of the organization's main direction; Assessment of the team's work load; Time constraints and ratio; Relation of goals; Creation of a visual record.
- Empowering workers by setting goals. Riggs, Joy // Nation's Business;Jan95, Vol. 83 Issue 1, p6
Discusses the importance of setting company goals and standards in the empowerment of employees. Motivations for setting standards; Characteristics of effective standards.
- 'Managing a Modernised Fire Service'. // Management Services;Jun2001, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p4
Highlights the launch of the HM Fire Service Inspectorate 'Managing a Modernized Fire Service' Scoping Study at London Fire Brigade Training Centre in London, England on May 1, 2001. Keynote speakers; Topics discussed.
- The supervisor as a coach: 4 essential models for setting performance expectations. Lebediker, Jeremy // Supervision;Dec95, Vol. 56 Issue 12, p14
Presents four models for setting performance expectations for supervisors. Setting expectations; Features of the S.M.A.R.T. model of performance expectation; Conducting an expectation setting session.
- Test of the Mediating Role of Goals in the Incentive-Performance Relationship. Wright, Patrick M. // Journal of Applied Psychology;Oct89, Vol. 74 Issue 5, p699
Investigates the mediating role of goal setting in the relationship between incentives and performance by testing the effect on monetary incentives on subjects' personal goal level and commitment to an assigned goal. Monetary incentive conditions tested in the experimental trials; Effect of...