Boomers retiree_SFlbeconomy busts?
- In Pursuit of Your Dream Job. Brazeel, Stanna // Power Engineering;Dec2010, Vol. 114 Issue 12, Special section p4
The article presents guidelines for achieving professional goals in the energy sector. The author recommends professionals to spend time on thinking about their current job status and future goals and writing them down. Ptofessionals who are looking for another job should do research and target...
- Veterans Enter Energy Workforce. Farrell, Thomas F. // Transmission & Distribution World;Dec2011, Vol. 63 Issue 12, p1
The article reports on the energy workforce in the U.S. It mentions that the energy workforce is eligible for retirement or planning to leave their jobs due to attrition. It mentions the energy industry is developing a program to train new workers for energy-related generation, transmission...
- Editor's view. Roberts, Liz // Nursery World;5/19/2011, Vol. 111 Issue 4268, p12
The author expresses concerns over the future of early years professionals (EYP) in Great Britain despite the workforce reaching over 7,000 since 2006.
- Facing a Long-Term Memory Loss. McCarty, Kevin // Power Engineering;Oct2008, Vol. 112 Issue 10, p112
The article offers a look at the aging workforce in the U.S. energy utility industry. Based on a report issued by the U.S. Department of Labor, nearly 19.2 percent of workers within this industry are within five to seven years of retirement. According to the article, the loss of physical...
- Retaining Your Older Staff. Crocker, Ruth // Revenue Cycle Strategist;Dec2014/Jan2015, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p5
The article provides guidelines that can help revenue cycle leaders maximize the workplace for the older staff. These include being aware of older workers who may be more comfortable with class-room-style sessions or one-on-one training, an evaluation by managers of whether workplace adjustments...
- African brain drain increasing. // African Business;Jun2000, Issue 255, p8
Reports on the increasing number of skilled professionals emigrating from South Africa.
- Study Points To 'Me-Commerce'. Poet, Jonathan // Community College Week;09/04/2000 Fall Supplement, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p18
Focuses on the trend in the employment of professionals in the United States (U.S.) in 2000. Increase in the rate of free-lance workers; Information on the data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics; Implication of the trend.
- NONSENSE ON JOBS. Overell, Stephen // Prospect;Jan2005, Issue 106, p11
Focuses on the predictions about the decline of permanent full-time jobs and a new age of uncertainty at work have proved wrong in Great Britain. Trend in job tenure studied by the Bristol University economists; Average job tenure; Percentage of the labor force in professional, technical or...
- Bridge the talent gap with reward and recognition. Arrigo, Yasmin // Conference & Incentive Travel;Jul/Aug2015, p3
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses reports within the issue on topics including the lack of talented personnel in the event management industry.