EVERY YEAR, COUNTLESS NEW
- Chapter 12: Knitting to Improve the World. // Joy of Knitting Companion: A Knitter's Handbook;2003, p147
The article discusses knitting as an act to improve the world. It cites some of the ways on how to use knitting goods to improve the world. The most obvious is charity knitting, in doing so, one fulfills the biblical precept to clothe the needy. Details on how to organize such charity knitting...
- Donate clothes. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);3/8/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p36A
Reports on the collection bins provided by Mid-Island Y Jewish Community Center for clothing donations in Plainview, New York.
- Their kind of town. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/5/1994, Vol. 168 Issue 2, p9
Reports on the 1994 gala awards of the Apparel Industry Foundation in Chicago, Illinois.
- AAFA Seeks Quake Funds. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/30/2001, Vol. 181 Issue 20, p9
Reports that the American Apparel and Footwear Association is organizing tax-deductible apparel and footwear donations for survivors of the January 13, 2001 earthquake and landslide in El Salvador.
- Put your old cagoule to good use with Big Wrap. // Campaign;8/7/2009, Issue 31, p31
The article reports on the initiative called The Big Wrap launched by Adam & Eve, Blink and London production companies in England. It notes the campaign of the initiative in collecting all-weather clothes from people to all drop-off points in the area from August 10, 2009 to October 9, 2009....
- CLOTHING THE NAKED. // Our Sunday Visitor;3/3/2013, Vol. 101 Issue 44, p10
The article focuses on the work of mercy of clothing the naked in which it asserts that giving clothes to the naked means giving the naked the dignity of Jesus Christ.
- 5 Points Plan for April: Purge for Good. // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Apr2007, Vol. 77 Issue 4, p88
The article invites readers to donate their pants, shirts or any piece of clothing to charity. The Salvation Army in the United States will visit the homes of those who wanted to donate and will help take away unwanted garments and clothes. Those who are interested in donating their clothes to...
- What's new. Twinch, Emily // Third Sector;5/12/2009, p9
The article presents information on several fundraising campaigns in Great Britain. Mind, a mental health charity, is asking people to donate men's clothes and gadgets to its shops to raise awareness of men's mental health as part of its "Get It Off Their Chest" campaign. Prostate UK has...
- DEPRESSION not a dirty word. // Cleo;Jun2006, p96
The article presents information on fund raising for depression research through an auction on eBay. Items for auction during the fund raising activity includes T-shirts and singlets from Bonds, clothing from Mambo and Kitten Clothing.