Role of probiotics in correcting abnormalities of colonic flora induced by stress
- Practical Use of Probiotics and Prebiotics. Olmstead, Stephen; Meiss, Dennis; Ralston, Janet // Townsend Letter;Jul2011, Issue 336, p52
The article discusses the use of probiotics and prebiotics to prevent and treat gastrointestinal and systemic disorders. Examples of probiotics include Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium while the prebiotics are described as substances that are selectively fermented by probiotic microbes....
- The disorders nobody likes to talk about. Henig, Robin Marantz // Good Housekeeping;Sep94, Vol. 219 Issue 3, p235
Discusses the occurrence of cases of irritable bowel syndrome (irritable colon) and inflammatory bowel disease among Americans. Diagnosis; Treatment.
- IRISH GASTROENTEROLOGY RESEARCHERS PIONEER IBS TREATMENTS. // Worldwide Biotech;Jun2009, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p1
The article presents an update on drug development for irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) in Ireland as of June 2009. About 15 to 20 percent of all adolescents and adults in Western populations reportedly suffered from IBS. As reported, Alimentary Health has successfully commercialized innovations...
- Erratum to: Experiences of healing therapy in patients with irritable bowel syndrome and inflammatory bowel disease. Soundy, Andrew; Lee, Rhonda T.; Kingstone, Tom; Singh, Sukhdev; Shah, Pankaj R.; Edwards, Sandy; Roberts, Lesley // BMC Complementary & Alternative Medicine;9/16/2015, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p1
No abstract available.
- Erratum to: Experiences of healing therapy in patients with irritable bowel syndrome and inflammatory bowel disease. // BMC Complementary & Alternative Medicine;12/1/2015, Vol. 15, p1
No abstract available.
- Continuing Medical Education Questions: April 2009. Scolapio, James S.; Buchner, Anna M.; Gill, Kanwar R. S.; Hassan, Muhammad // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Apr2009, Vol. 104 Issue 4, p1050
A quiz concerning the use of probiotics in the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome is presented.
- Research News For Clinical Practice. Hudson, Tori // Townsend Letter;Jul2013, Issue 360, p123
The article discusses the outcomes of a pilot study which examined the use of probiotics in patients with cystic fibrosis. The study found that probiotics are essential to treat inflammatory bowel disease, gastrointestinal disorders and irritable bowel syndrome. According to research, probiotics...
- NATURAL REMEDIES FOR TUMMY TROUBLES. Lund, Melinda // Today's Dietitian;Sep2013, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p18
The article reports that herbs can relieve symptoms in patients with gastrointestinal tract (GI) diseases, and discusses the most common digestive diseases and the herbal remedies that can treat and manage them. These herbs include Chamomile (Chamaemelum nobile), Licorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra)...
- Herbal Treatment of Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Inflammatory Bowel Disease. Michael, Paul // Positive Health;May2007, Issue 135, p34
The article discusses the herbal treatment of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) and Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD). The study reveals that some patients may benefit from only the first or two levels of herbal treatment. For others, it may be necessary to treat the deeper one in order to provide...