FROM OUR OWN CORRESPONDENT
- LIVING GREEN Plastics & the Environment. Wright, Tom // Share Guide;Nov/Dec2008, Issue 100, p82
The article discusses representation of numbered triangles in the Great Pacific Garbage Patch on all the plastic packaging worldwide. A study by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) notes that plastic packaging represents 60% of the plastic in the landfill and fossil plastics represent 12%...
- PROFILES IN Garbage: High-Density Polyethylene. Miller, Chaz // Waste Age;May2000, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p28
Focuses on high-density polyethylene (HDPE), a resin produced from the chemical compound ethylene. Blow-molding of bottles; Injection-molding of containers; Use of HDPE to make bottle caps, sacks and trash bags; Displacement of heavier metal, glass and paper packages in the 1970s; End-market...
- To stab or not to stab? Guidelines on pack openability should help solve the problem. Brooks, Josh // Packaging News;May2011, p21
The author argues on the use of guidelines to solve problems in packaging method which include polyethylene terephthalate (PET) bottle and other plastic packaging products.
- Global Environmental Snapshot. // Estonia Country Review;2010, p112
The article provides information on the global environmental conditions with regards to the environmental challenges, global environment and international environmental protection agreement.
- International Environmental Agreements and Associations. // Belize Country Review;2010, p125
The article provides information on international environmental agreements and associations including the Convention on Environmental Impact Assessment, United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, and International Convention on Civil Liability for Oil Pollution Damage 1969.
- ISO 14000: It's the Process, Not the Paper. Brown, Douglas M. // PA Times;Jul99, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p6
Focuses on Virginia's environmental politics. Conflicts of integrating the values of environmental protection and economic development; Requirements for ecosystem-based environmental policies; Passage of the Organotin Antifouling Paint Control Act of 1988.
- International Environmental Agreements and Associations. // Kiribati Country Review;2009, p117
The article presents several international environmental agreements and associations including the Convention on Environmental Impact Assessment in a Transboundary Context, United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, and Convention on the Transboundary Effects of Industrial Accidents.
- Toward a world order respectful of the global ecosystem. Falk, Richard A. // Boston College Environmental Affairs Law Review;Summer92, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p711
Presents a proposal for a world order respectful of the global ecosystem. Need and prospect for an adequate world order system; Permissive exploitation tolerated in the present system of sovereign states; Premise of excess capacity; Local impact; Compatible use.
- The global environmental crisis. Muskie, Edmund S. // Boston College Environmental Affairs Law Review;Summer92, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p731
Discusses the need for the United States government to formulate policies to avert the global environmental crisis. Steps the US can take to achieve the goal; Achievements and trade-offs of the technological revolution; Interlocking environmental problems of population, depletion of natural...