Tragedy of the "buggy whip"
- Absence of pharmacist-patient privilege an emerging problem. BRUSHWOOD, DAVID B. // Pharmacy Today;Jun2014, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p48
The article discusses a West Virginia federal court case which addresses legal issues concerning the pharmacist-patient privilege. It is inferred that the case began when the physician of a pharmacy filed a lawsuit alleging that the consulting firm provided the pharmacy with incompetent advice...
- Boxing clever. Philpott, John // People Management;12/18/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 25, p20
Presents the findings of the report "The Missing Link: From Productivity to Performance," by the Work Foundation. Performance of business enterprises in Great Britain; Performance categories by which businesses were evaluated; How to overcome ignorance, inertia and inadequate management.
- Accenture mit neuer Unternehmenssparte. // Risiko Manager;2014, Issue 1, p34
The article announces the establishment of a separate division within the Accenture management consulting firm dedicated to Internet-related and digital services as well as technological innovations in business, named "Accenture Digital."
- Businesses must change or be doomed to failure. Wyman, Lissa // Furniture/Today;10/19/2013, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p56
In this article, the editor presents reflects on the message delivered in an article in the newspaper The New York Times by business executives on October 6, 2013 which says that if a business does not change and innovate, it is doomed to failure.
- CAREER COUNSEL. Koudsi, Suzanne // Fortune;4/30/2001, Vol. 143 Issue 9, p26
Presents the opinions of three businesspeople concerning the future of Robert Bernard, former chief executive officer of Internet consulting firm marchFIRST. How he quit after the company went bankrupt; Suggestion that he should take time off; Opinion that he will start his own company or go to...
- Linden shuts Thames Valley office. // Contract Journal;6/25/2008, Vol. 444 Issue 6681, p38
The article reports on the move by Galliford Try PLC to close its Thames Valley office as a result of falling demand during the credit crunch in England. Galliford has not outlined job lost and entered into a 30-day consultation period. A spokeswoman said that the company was closing the office...
- Bouncing back, more than once. Swanson, Sandra A. // Crain's Chicago Business;3/9/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p22
The article discusses how entrepreneurs recover from business failures. It offers the case of Jonathan Sapir, who started InfoPower Systems, a software-development consultancy, whose assets he sold off in early 2007. However it is also cited that through the lessons he learnt from those...
- Bubble bursts for CCAi. Suttell, Scott // Crain's Cleveland Business;5/26/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 21, p1
Mayfield Heights, Ohio-based CCAi Consulting Inc., a former information technology (IT) consulting firm that once planned to sell stock to the public, has closed down. Some of CCAi's assets were sold to an investor group in May 2003 after Fleet National Bank declared CCAi in default on a $5...
- Tough broadcast sector forces English & Pockett closure. Woods, Sarah // Design Week;1/10/2008, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p3
The article reports on the closure of the screen branding specialist English & Prockett after 23 years of operations. The company closed its doors due to what the consultancy's directors call the "changing economic environment" in the market for broadcast design in Great Britain. The company's...