Ensure Fire Loss Report Glass Always is Half Full
- Soft errors' impact on system reliability. Mastipuram, Ritesh; Wee, Edwin C. // EDN;9/30/2004, Vol. 49 Issue 20, p69
This article highlights the impact of soft errors in memory devices on system reliability. In the field of high-performance communication memory devices, it is critical for designs to be immune to soft errors or single-event upsets (SEU). As device technology scales, the number of stages in the...
- Be Redundant. Robair, Gino // Electronic Musician;Sep2008, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p12
The author reflects on having a redundant system in gigs and in studios. He comments that having a completely redundant system, such as a fully stocked pedalboard waiting in the wings, is impractical. An overview of some common backup items ignore. He suggests to think ahead and prepare for the...
- Improving Program Success by Applying Systems Engineering and Reliability Growth Analysis. Chang, N. Jenny; Rohall, David J. // ITEA Journal of Test & Evaluation;Sep2008, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p267
The Stryker Mobile Gun System (MGS) is a major, complex weapon system that presented a challenge in meeting its reliability requirement due to new technology revolving around the system's automatic ammunition handling system (AHS). However, as a result of a successful reliability growth...
- Fire or money? // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);10/12/2011, Vol. 109 Issue 27, p3A
In this article, the author comments on the needfor urgent service of fire departments in Texas fire incidents within the area.
- Preparing small departments for the big fire. Fetrow, Jack // Fire Engineering;Feb98, Vol. 151 Issue 2, p8
Provides information on how small fire departments in United States prepare for big fires. Activities comprising preplanning for fire service; Author's experience in a fire service; How the author organized the command of firemen and conduct a firefight; Details on various investigations...
- MANAGING EMS AT SPECIAL EVENTS. Lewis, John C. // Fire Engineering;Feb2003, Vol. 156 Issue 2, p81
Presents ways in managing events related to fire management by EMS providers in the U.S. Definition of a public events; Types of events and nonprofit-sponsored activities; Determination of planning meetings for events by fire departments.
- 'Managing a Modernised Fire Service'. // Management Services;Jun2001, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p4
Highlights the launch of the HM Fire Service Inspectorate 'Managing a Modernized Fire Service' Scoping Study at London Fire Brigade Training Centre in London, England on May 1, 2001. Keynote speakers; Topics discussed.
- SYSTEM RELIABILITY AS A FUNCTION OF SYSTEM AGE; EFFECTS OF INTERMITTENT COMPONENT USAGE AND PERIODIC MAINTENANCE. Flehinger, Betty J. // Operations Research;Jan/Feb60, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p30
Discusses the results of an analysis of the reliability of complex systems in which components are used intermittently and which are maintained in operating condition by component replacement. Component failure distributions and usage properties.
- MEASURES OF DEPENDABILITY. Hosford, John E. // Operations Research;Jan/Feb60, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p53
Examines the possible measures of dependability. Definition of dependability as the probability that a system will be able to operate when needed; Interval availability; Probability that the system is operable at the start of an interval if the system repeats the series of different intervals...