Is Ben Up to the Job?
- Daily Quote. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/2/2008, Vol. 196 Issue 115, p2
The article presents quote from Ben Bernanke, chairman of U.S. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System regarding the sluggish U.S. economy.
- Fed chairman takes on critics from both sides. Schroeder, Peter // Hill;11/3/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 153, p1
The article offers the insights of U.S. Federal Reserve System chairman Ben Bernanke on the bank's effort to boost the economy of the country.
- Bernanke says economy needs household spending hike. // Hill;3/26/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 38, p19
The article reports on the insights of the U.S. Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke regarding the condition of the U.S. economy which he considers to be operating below its level.
- Resist the Charms of Gold. REVELL, JANICE // Money;Jan/Feb2011, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p152
The article focuses on the gold commodities market and on the probability gold is a bubble market. It states that gold traditionally has been a hedge against high inflation and that despite efforts by the U.S. Federal Reserve to inject money into the system, there is little sign that inflation...
- The Economy in Perspective. // Economic Trends (07482922);Nov2005, p1
The article presents information on the recent developments in the U.S. economy. Economist Ben Bernanke was nominated by U.S. President George W. Bush to become the next chairman of the U.S. Federal Reserve Board. Alan Greenspan, the retiring chairman has been in the spotlight more or less...
- Fed Chair Bernanke: Fed Attuned to Community Banks' Concerns. // Financial Update;Jan2012, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p1
The article reports that U.S. Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke has said that Federal Reserve System is continually enhancing its efforts to understand community banks because of their importance to the economy and to local communities. In his remarks, Bernanke outlined various ways the Fed communicates...
- Stocks Soar Even As Prices Slump. Clark, Evan; Casabona, Liza // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/17/2008, Vol. 196 Issue 127, p2
The article reports on the fiscal policy of Federal Reserve to the worsening of the yearlong recession in the U.S. It notes that prices dropped by 1.7 percent during November 2008, thus, Federal Reserve considered zero percent interest for loans to fix the nation's financial difficulties....
- Federal Reserve Chief Says Housing Troubles Affecting Overall Economy. // Forest Products Journal;May2007, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p16
The article focuses on the remarks made by Ben Bernanke, chairman of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, that housing problems are affecting the overall economy of the U.S. The demand for housing began to weaken in mid-2005 and by the middle of 2006, according to him. He also...
- Bernanke admits 'a recession is possible'. Hoxter, Curtis J. // Caribbean Business;4/17/2008, Vol. 36 Issue 15, p12
The article discusses the comments made by Ben S. Bernanke, Federal Reserve Chairman, on the U.S. economy. The chairman has stated to acknowledge for the first time that the U.S. may be in a recession and that the economy could slowdown during the first half of 2008. The author observes that...