Two sides of the dollar
- Stout euro bruises bottom line. Beacham, Will // European Chemical News;1/19/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2083, p8
Assesses the potential impact of the devaluation of the U.S. dollar against the euro on the profitability of the chemical industry in 2004. Companies which are most vulnerable to euro revaluation; Measures taken by the chemical industry in Germany to limit the impact of euro revaluation; Asian...
- Dollar's descent distresses some in Europe. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;4/27/1995, Vol. 169 Issue 81, p12
Reports on the impact of the declining value of the American dollar on the European fashion industry. Opportunities for American apparel manufacturers in the face of the dollar decline; Decline in turnover at several fashion stores in Europe; Comments by several American and international...
- Dollar's woes prompt cheers from tourism industry. McClain, Randy // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);3/13/95, Vol. 15 Issue 36, p6
Focuses on the impact of the US Dollar's devaluation on Louisiana's tourist trade. Increase in number of international travelers visiting the state; Increase in tourists' purchasing power; Increase in number of foreign conventioneers.
- Bye-Bye, Dollar Bill? // Scholastic News -- Edition 5/6;5/2/2011, Vol. 79 Issue 23/24, p3
The article focuses on the possible decline of the U.S. dollar bill, wherein U.S. authorities want to substitute one-dollar bills with one dollar coins to save billions of dollars spent on producing one dollar paper bills.
- Medium-Term Concerns Will Continue. // Emerging Markets Monitor;1/13/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 37, p6
Presents updates on the economic condition in Hong Kong, China as of January 13, 2003. Speculation over a currency devaluation; Overview of domestic deflation threat; Support to be gained from low U.S. interest rates and the U.S. dollar depreciation.
- Lack of fiscal discipline contributes to dollar's fall. Barkey, Patrick // Indianapolis Business Journal;6/2/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p44
Comments on the decline of U.S. dollar against the euro. Advantages and disadvantages of the fall of the dollar; Impact on the manufacturing economy; Factor contributing to the dollar's fall.
- Europe benzene direction unclear. Mellor, Truong; Victory, Mark // ICIS Chemical Business;9/14/2015, Issue 3674, p5
The article focuses on the need for a downward correction of the European market, which many benzene players claim had been overpriced for some time. Topics discussed include the triple-digit drop in the European September 2015 benzene contract, the impact of China's surprise devaluation of its...
- Colombian Peso Peg Mooted. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/28/2005, Vol. 10 Issue 44, p9
Deals with the efforts by the Colombian government to impose a currency peg on the peso in December 2004. Impact of the move by the government on the credit worthiness of the country; Performance of the peso against the U.S. dollar.
- Let the US dollar drop. Preece, Howard // Finance Week;3/3/2003, p52
Assesses the potential effects of a devaluation in the overall weighted average foreign exchange value of the American dollar. Value of the dollar against other currencies; Impact of a devaluation on the U.S. economy.