Radon exposure: Can we make a difference?
- Radon: Informing your patients about home screening and exposure reduction as cancer prevention. Barn, Prabjit; Kosatsky, Tom // British Columbia Medical Journal;May2012, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p174
The article addresses the issue of residential radon levels and radon-related lung cancer deaths in British Columbia. Information on the prevalence of radon exposure and lung cancer deaths in the region is provided, along with Health Canada's guideline for annual radon concentrations. Dana...
- LONG-TERM MONITORING OF SOIL GAS RADON AND PERMEABILITY AT TWO REFERENCE SITES. Jing Chen; Falcorner, Renato; Jim Ly; Wierdsma, Jessica; Bergman, Lauren // Radiation Protection Dosimetry;2008, Vol. 131 Issue 4, p503
The long-term monitoring of soil radon variations was conducted at two reference sites in Ottawa. The purpose of this study was to determine whether a single soil radon survey could provide a representative soil radon characteristic of the site. Results showed that during the normal field survey...
- A survey of householders' mitigation strategy. Ryan, Daniel; Kelleher, C. Cecily // European Journal of Public Health;Mar1999, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p62
Presents results of the survey on householders' mitigation actions regarding radon levels in Ireland. Information on radon awareness; Knowledge of health risks; Attitudes towards treatment; Reasons for householders' reluctance to act.
- Regulations for Radon Service Providers. // Illinois Register;5/24/2013, Vol. 37 Issue 21, p6987
The article focuses on the proposed amendments in the Regulations for Radon Service Providers in Illinois, as proposed by the Emergency Management Agency of Illinois. It presents definitions of several terms used in radon services including radon contractor, radon progency and residential real...
- A multibillion-dollar radon scare. Bolch, Ben; Lyons, Harold // Public Interest;Spring90, Issue 99, p61
Focuses on the radon control industry in the United States. Radon scare's impact on the market; Background on radon; Radon's characteristics as a chemical.
- Unhealthy glow. // Contractor Magazine;Oct95, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p35
Reports on developments in the radon control industry in the United States. Increase in public demand for environmentally safe homes; Radon's link to lung cancer; Efforts of contractors to acquire expertise in radon systems.
- Radon testing & remediation. // American School & University;Mar1995, Vol. 67 Issue 7, p118
Presents a directory of American companies that offer radon testing and remediation services. Includes Air Check; Gandee & Associates; Nuclear Associates.
- Radon reduction Hamilton, Mark A. // Journal of Environmental Health;Nov/Dec1990, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p29
No abstract available.
- environmental impacts of nuclear power due to radon emssions. Cohen, Bernard L. // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;Feb1976, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p61
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the effects of radon emissions from uranium ore processing by David Comey in the September 1975 issue.