Rich man, poor woman; rich woman, poor man
- Global situation of the HIV/ AIDS pandemic, end 2001. // Weekly Epidemiological Record;12/7/2001, Vol. 76 Issue 49, p381
Part I. Focuses on the global situation of HIV/AIDS pandemic for the year 2001. Estimation of the number of adults and children affected with HIV/AIDS; Increase in the death of women; List of regions and the corresponding number of cases.
- New framework for HIV/AIDS response cost effective. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;6/25/2011, Issue 631, p2
The article offers information on what is believed to be a new cost-effective framework for responding to the HIV/AIDS epidemic proposed by researchers on behalf of the Investment Framework Study Group according to a 2011 article in the "Lancet."
- Doubts over testing hamper India's AIDS effort. Sattaur, Omar // New Scientist;4/20/91, Vol. 130 Issue 1765, p18
Reports on India's preparation to cope with an epidemic of AIDS following studies among people at high risk of infection with HIV. Indian Council for Medical Research's screening of those infected with HIV since 1985; People with the highest rates of HIV infection; Members of the heterosexually...
- ASIA AND THE PACIFIC. // AIDS Epidemic Update, December 2002;1/1/2002, p7
A section of the book "AIDS Epidemic Update, December 2002" is presented. It offers an update on the impact of the human immunodeficiency virus/acquire immune deficiency syndrome (HIV/AIDS) epidemic in Asia and the Pacific. According to the author, the estimated number of people living with HIV...
- A dangerous new trend in Indonesia. // AIDS Epidemic Update, December 2002;1/1/2002, p9
A section of the book "AIDS Epidemic Update, December 2002" is presented. It reports on the growing phenomenon of drug injection in Indonesia. Data from a drug treatment center in the country revealed that the prevalence of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) is rising. It was estimated that...
- A huge problem slips into focus. // AIDS Epidemic Update, December 2002;1/1/2002, p12
A section of the book "AIDS Epidemic Update, December 2002" is presented. It reports on a study that revealed the true scale of Russia's human immunodeficiency virus/acquired immune deficiency syndrome (HIV/AIDS) epidemic. The study was conducted among injecting drug users. It was found that 56%...
- DEFENSE. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Republic of Zambia;Apr2005, p10
Provides information on the military defense of Zambia. Composition of the Zambian Defense Force (ZDF); Purpose of ZDF; Impact of HIV/AIDS epidemic on the armed forces.
- Countries of Central America need to invest more in HIV/AIDS prevention. // Revista Panamericana de Salud Publica;Dec2003, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p436
Discusses the report "HIV/AIDS in Central America: An Overview of the Epidemic and Priorities for Prevention," issued by the World Bank in October 2003. Prevalence rates of HIV in Central America; Transmission patterns in Central America; Description of a cost-effective model for allocating...
- Stemming the Tide: Successes, Failures and Lessons Learned in Tamil Nadu, India. Parameswaran, Gowri // Dialectical Anthropology;2004, Vol. 28 Issue 3/4, p397
The article focuses on HIV/AIDS cases in India. HIV/AIDS was discovered first in India in the city of Chennai in 1986. The Indian government was slow to react to the AIDS epidemic initially. From the mid-1980s to the mid-1990s, AIDS was relatively low on the national agenda. Politicians smugly...