Review: The addition of infliximab and etanercept to methotrexate is effective in the long term for rheumatoid arthritis: COMMENTARY
- Pharmacogenetics in Treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis. Kooloos, W. M.; Huizinga, T. W. J.; Guchelaar, H.-J.; Wessels, J. A. M. // Current Pharmaceutical Design;1/11/2010, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p164
Over the last decades important progress is being made regarding disease modifying anti-rheumatic drugs (DMARDs) in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis (RA). Nevertheless, a substantial part of the patients fail to achieve a good response and/or experience toxicity, which limits further...
- Productivity gains with etanercept + methotrexate a PRIZE in early RA. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;Dec2013, Issue 693, p8
The article reports on the results of a clinical trial which shows that a combination therapy with etanercept and methotrexate is associated with significant productivity gains for patients with early rheumatoid arthritis (RA).
- NICE recommends widening choice of biological drugs for patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Mayor, Susan // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;7/3/2010, Vol. 341 Issue 7762, p13
The article focuses on the proposal of Great Britain National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) to offer more biologics choices to patients with rheumatoid arthritis. NICE recommends rituximab combined with methotrexate as an alternative treatment for adults with severe active...
- Recurrent allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis in a patient with rheumatoid arthritis treated with etanercept and tocilizumab. Honda, Hidehiro; Kida, Hiroshi; Yoshida, Mitsuhiro; Tomita, Tetsuya; Fujii, Masakazu; Ihara, Shoichi; Goya, Sho; Tachibana, Isao; Kawase, Ichiro // Modern Rheumatology (Springer Science & Business Media B.V.);Dec2011, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p660
We report the case of a 68-year-old woman with Stage III and Class II rheumatoid arthritis (RA) that was resistant to prednisolone, methotrexate, and infliximab. After treatment with etanercept or tocilizumab, suspicious allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis (ABPA) repeatedly occurred and then...
- The funding and use of high-cost medicines in Australia: the example of anti-rheumatic biological medicines. Lu, Christine Y.; Williams, Kenneth M.; Day, Richard O. // Australia & New Zealand Health Policy (ANZHP);2007, Vol. 4, p2
Background: Subsidised access to high-cost medicines in Australia is restricted under national programs (the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme, PBS, and the Repatriation Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme, RPBS) with a view to achieving cost-effective use. The aim of this study was to examine the use...
- Modelling the cost effectiveness of TNF-Î± antagonists in the management of rheumatoid arthritis: results from the British Society for Rheumatology Biologics Registry. Brennan, A.; Bansback, N.; Nixon, R.; Madan, J.; Harrison, M.; Watson, K.; Symmons, D. // Rheumatology;Aug2007, Vol. 46 Issue 8, p1345
Objective. To evaluate the cost effectiveness of TNF-Î± antagonist therapies for rheumatoid arthritis (RA) in the United Kingdom using data from the British Society for Rheumatology Biologics Registry (BSRBR).
- Infliximab, etanercept worthwhile for RA in Spain? Salmon, Kimberly // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;8/14/2004, Issue 459, p3
Discusses research being done on cost effectiveness of rheumatoid arthritis (RA) treatments in Spain. Reference to a study by J. B. Wong, et al and a study by B. HernÃ¡ndez-Cruz, et al both published in the June 12, 2004 issue of "Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases"; Findings of previous...
- Infliximab/methotrexate/prednisone. // Reactions Weekly;1/19/2008, Issue 1185, p20
The article presents a case study of a 62-year-old man with rheumatoid arthritis who developed cutaneous mucormycosis during treatment with infliximab, methotrexate and prednisone. After receiving infliximab, methotrexate and prednisone, he developed a small, tender nodule on his cheek. He later...
- Infection rates differ with tumor necrosis factor inhibitors. // Drug Topics;11/3/2003, Vol. 147 Issue 21, p9
Reports on variation of infection rates with administration of tumor necrosis factor inhibitors for treatment of rheumatoid arthritis in the U.S. Detection of increased risk of tuberculosis and pneumonia in patients treated with etanercept; Comparison with infliximab.