Thomas the tainted engine
- CHILDREN AT RISK. Bogo, Jennifer // E: The Environmental Magazine;Sep/Oct2001, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p26
Discusses children's vulnerability to life-threatening chemicals. Factors that trigger asthma in children; Number of pesticides identified as potential human carcinogens; Possible signs of low-level chemical exposure. INSETS: APPLYING PRESSURE;PROVIDING SUPPORT.
- The National Children's Study: Its impact on EHS and the workplace. Marckiewicz, Dan // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Jan2005, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p17
Examines the National Children's Study (NCS) on the effect of environmental exposures to the health of children in the U.S. Facts and information on the NCS; Significance of actions and reforms to implement to protect children from hazards; Factors that depend on the safety of the child.
- Lessons Learned for the Assessment of Childrenâ€™s Pesticide Exposure: Critical Sampling and Analytical Issues for Future Studies. Fenske, Richard A.; Bradman, Asa; Whyatt, Robin M.; Wolff, Mary S.; Barr, Dana B. // Environmental Health Perspectives;Oct2005, Vol. 113 Issue 10, p1455
In this article we examine sampling strategies and analytical methods used in a series of recent studies of childrenâ€™s exposure to pesticides that may prove useful in the design and implementation of the National Childrenâ€™s Study. We focus primarily on the experiences of four of...
- Nose Blowing 101. McCarthy, Laura Flynn // Parenting;Mar2003, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p34
Provides instructions for training children how to blow their noses. Physical and mental requirements.
- 4 BITES YOU NEED TO KNOW. ONDERKO, PATTY // Parenting Early Years;May2010, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p34
The article focuses on several studies related to children's health.
- ANSWERS FROM DR. SEARS. Sears, William // Parenting;Mar2001, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p33
Answers several questions on children's health. Tips on increasing the amount of sleep received by children; Ways to deal with toddlers who reach the phase of throwing things; Information on labial adhesions in children.
- 50 TIPS FOR A HEALTHIER SCHOOL YEAR. Watson Culhane, Kari // Natural Health;Sep2001, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p71
Suggests 50 ways to ensure a healthy school year for children. Minimizing opportunities for stress; Importance of leaving time for play; Adoption of calming techniques; Vitamin and mineral supplementation; Getting enough sleep; Teaching children the importance of hand washing; Encouragement of...
- Do chemicals harm children's brains? Tanday, Sanjay // GP: General Practitioner;11/17/2006, p16
The article focuses on the findings of a joint U.S. and Danish study related to the effect of toxic chemicals on children's brain. The study, systematically reviewed the hazardous substances data bank and concluded that industrial chemicals are responsible for a silent pandemic that has caused...
- Is hazmat hazardous? Smith, S.L. // Occupational Hazards;May97, Vol. 59 Issue 5, p43
Discusses the medical surveillance study on the dangers faced by hazardous materials (hazmat) teams who respond to chemical spills. Examples of hazardous materials; Exposure of hazmat teams to significant levels of noise and pulmonary irritants.