Who Will Say: "I Promise to Lay Off"?
- Lincoln was a "Red" and Washington a Bolshevik. Hume, Janice // Journalism History;Winter2003, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p172
Examines the use of history and public memory in the U.S. socialist newspaper 'Appeal to Reason' in the 20th century. Role of the press in building American collective consciousness and memory; Definition of public memory; Heroes that the newspaper considered as role models.
- THE UNADJUSTED MAN REVISITED. Viereck, Peter // Society;Sep/Oct2005, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p14
This article explores the state of the unadjusted man in society. A pluralism of allegiances is the way to avoid overadjustment. Though protection from statism and nationalism is the right of humanist individualism, the latter can fall into a trap. The trap is to deify man, leading to anti-moral...
- SOCIALIST POLITICAL TACTICS, 1900-1920. Turner, Ian // Bulletin of the Australian Society for the Study of Labour Histo;May1962, Issue 2, p5
The article investigates the conflicting tendencies observed in the history of Australian socialism prior to the formation of the Communist Party in 1920. It is suggested that a dichotomy is inevitable in socialist movements that exist within a capitalist democracy that consists of those who...
- Cooperation or collectivism: the contest for meaning in the French socialist movement, 1870â€“90. Adler-Gillies, Mira // French History;Sep2014, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p385
Following the savage repression of the Paris Commune the re-emergence of the French socialist movement became a vigorously contested exercise in self-definition. This foundational struggle for socialist identity during the last three decades of the nineteenth century would establish an enduring...
- Barricades against Fascism: THE POPULAR FRONT IN EUROPE. Preston, Paul; Graham, Helen // History Today;Jul86, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p15
Details the civil war in Europe which started from a coup d'etat. Signs of the development of the European civil war before 1914; Details of the Bolshevik revolution; Impact of the news of the French Socialist-Communist Pact of July 1934 on several European Communist Parties; Information on the...
- Utopian Socialism in Holland around 1900: Strategies and Gender. Poldervaart, Saskia // Utopian Studies;1995, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p51
Deals with the utopian socialism in Holland in the year 1900. Historical background of the formation of utopian socialist groups in Holland; Social climate in the country during the existence of interior colonies; Socialist strategies enforced during the socialism.
- General aims and definitions. // Soviet & Eastern European Foreign Trade;Spring/Summer78, Vol. 14 Issue 1/2, p3
Highlights aims and definitions of East-West cooperation in the economic relations between western capitalist market economies and the eastern socialist planned economies. Cooperation in the west; East-west cooperation; Levels of East-West cooperation agreements; Definitions and delimitations...
- The Development of the Process of Socialization of Collective Farm Production. Gusev, P. // Problems of Economics;Jan85, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p81
Examines the development of the process of socialization of collective farm production and the technical and social aspects of production in the Soviet Union. Improvement in amalgamation of collective farm and cooperative ownership; Analysis the size and structure of resources between 1960 and...
- Platform of the Socialist Party. // Platform of the Socialist Party;2009, p1
Presents the text of the platform of the United States' Socialist Party published May 12, 1912. Denouncement of capitalism; Reasons for the denouncement; The class divisions under capitalism--the capitalist class and the working class; Goals of the Socialist Party; Other aims.