Learning to love the lab
- NEWSCLIPS. // Plastics News;12/12/2005, Vol. 17 Issue 41, p19
The article reports on certain developments related to the plastic industry and trade. Schaumburg, Illinois-based Pliant Corp. will avoid Chapter 11 bankruptcy filing if its agreement wins approval for a debt-to-equity conversion with its ad hoc committee of note holders. The deal is subject to...
- HOT RUNNER SYSTEMS. // Plastics News;5/29/2006, Vol. 18 Issue 13, p19
The article reports that INCOE Corp., has produced the first commercial hot runner system and has established the experience and long term commitment to quality, technology, and customer support. The company produces many products including complete injection halves, unitized manifold systems,...
- Effect of Quality Assurance (QA) BDS on the Export Activities of SME in the Plastic Sub-Sector. Le, Nu Minh Phuong // I-Business;Dec2011, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p345
The paper aims at analyzing general characteristics of the plastic sub-sector in Ho Chi Minh City (HCMC), in-depth quality assurance (QA) implication in the sub-sector, how plastic manufacturers use business development services to improve QA and which QA variables are strongly affected export...
- The 99.9% rule. Wykle, Kenneth R. // Defense;1994, Issue 6, p51
Considers the 99.9 percent quality rule. 99.9 percent accuracy as relative; Element of self-respect in quality service; Challenge in pursuing excellence.
- Free quality minutes. Abernathy, Donna // Training & Development;Mar96, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p80
Introduces the video subscription program dubbed `The Quality Minutes' which offers monthly lessons in quality. Cost of annual subscription; Contact information.
- Basics for the administrator. Amo, Michael F. // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Sep/Oct92, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p32
Presents steps intended to assure a solid foundation for quality assessment and assurance (QA&A) programs in a nursing home. Establishment of management's commitment to the program; Creation of a QA&A committee; Documentation of committee activities; Establishment of a QA&A plan; Designing of a...
- Quality is the key. // Housewares;Mar93, Issue 96, p4
Presents the findings of the report `Quality Assurance and the Consumer,' compiled by IIS of the Mintel International Group. Consumer attitudes toward quality indicators and industry regulatory bodies; Views of Caroline O'Neill, Mintel's head for research.
- Embracing the quality process. McKew, Howard // Engineered Systems;Oct96, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p8
Stresses the importance of measuring quality in the work process. Benefits of measuring quality; Aspects of work that should be measured; Ways of measuring quality at various levels. INSET: Back to basics, by Rebecca Ellis & Howard McKew..
- Final comment. // Modern Machine Shop;Feb96, Vol. 68 Issue 9, p287
Opinion. Presents guidelines in obtaining expected quality results. Includes quality requirements; Level of resources; Monitoring of effectiveness.