Toward a new model ofbulk sourcing?
- Indian Contract Manufacture Market to Grow. Ramesh, Deepti // Chemical Week;9/22/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 29, p35
The article forecasts the growth of the Indian pharmaceutical contract manufacturing market by 2010, based on a report released by KPMG India. The industry is expected to grow to $2.46 billion by 2010, says KPMG India. Experienced Indian contract research and manufacturing services players have...
- CONTRACT PHARMA. // Contract Pharma;2013 Corporate Capabilities & Contract Services Directory, p69
The article offers information on "Contract Pharma," a magazine devoted to biopharmaceutical and pharmaceutical contract services and outsourcing based in Ramsey, New Jersey. It states that the magazine reaches subscribers in various industries and businesses such as pharmaceutical...
- The year ahead. Miller, Jim // Pharmaceutical Technology Europe;Jan2010, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p12
The author offers his view for the pharmaceutical services industry for 2010. According to the author, funding remains uncertain for small and mid-size bio/pharmaceutical companies. He adds that big pharmaceutical industries competes with contract development and manufacturing organizations...
- Drug Industry Flux Proves Good Therapy for Suppliers. Ramesh, Deepti // Chemical Week;1/19/2009, Vol. 171 Issue 2, p19
The article discusses the market challenges and opportunities facing fine chemicals and contract manufacturing service suppliers of major drug companies. Suppliers expect increased outsourcing opportunities as well as plant sale offerings with long-term supply contracts. Industry executives say...
- CONTRACT MANUFACTURING IN PHARMA INDUSTRY. Pandya, E. J.; Shah, K .V. // Pharma Science Monitor;Apr-Jul2013 Supply1, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p123
Contract manufacturing involves production of goods by firm, under the label or brand of another firm. Contract manufacturers provide such service to several firms based on their own or consumers' designs, formulas, and or specifications. The pharmaceutical industry is having major share in...
- Fighting back. Stein, Mary // Drug Topics;3/16/98, Vol. 142 Issue 6, p84
States that the National Pharmaceutical Alliance (NPA) has launched a Web site to increase its efforts for the promotion and protection of generic products. Details on the relationship between NPA, the Generic Pharmaceutical Industry Association (GPIA) and the National Association of...
- Bluepharma--A new phase in European contract manufacturing opens in Portugal. // Life Science Today;Apr/May2002, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p20
Interviews several executives of pharmaceutical manufacturing firm Bluepharma, Industria Farmaceutica SA based in Portugal. Focus on European contract manufacturing; Management platform of the company; Role of the executives; Expansion plans for the company.
- Outsourcing: A Challenge for the Laboratory. Hurst, Jeff // Scientific Computing & Instrumentation;Mar2001, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p12
Discusses the challenges posed by outsourcing in instrument interfacing. Benefits of outsourcing for laboratories; Practice of several companies in the pharmaceutical industry to outsource work to laboratories; Things to consider in outsourcing.
- Auditing Your Contractor. Hayes, Heather B. // Pharmaceutical Technology North America;Sep2002, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p106
Focuses on the factors to be considered by pharmaceutical companies in hiring contractors. Need for companies to conduct an in-depth evaluation of the human resources of a contractor; Consequences of a wrong contractor choice; Importance of evaluating the capabilities of contracted employees.