of the pack
- Custom Manufacturers Target Chiral Chemistry, Catalysis, and Bioscience. Van Arnum, Patricia // Pharmaceutical Technology;Mar2006, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p66
The article reports on developments concerning the fine chemicals market as of March 2006. Western custom manufacturers are developing specialized technologies in chiral chemistry, catalysis, and biosciences. The board of Degussa has approved the establishment of a research and development...
- BASF to Buy Degussa's Construction Chemicals Business. // China Chemical Reporter;3/16/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p7
The article reports on BASF's intention of acquiring Degussa AG's construction chemicals business in Asia for 2.7 billion euro. The acquisition will give BASF rapid access to additional industrial customers and end-users and will allow it to tap into the growth potential of the construction...
- specialties. // Chemical Week;7/17/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 28, p30
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry as of July 2002. Operation of a plant at Coatzacoalcos, Mexico by Clariant; Production and marketing of triallyl isocyanurate used to crosslink high-performance plastics and rubbers by Degussa; Increase in price of 3-(Dimethylamino)propylamine by...
- specialties. // Chemical Week;2/28/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 7, p31
The article presents business news briefs. Badische Anilin und Soda Fabrik (BASF) will sell its animal nutrition premix business to Nutreco. Rockwood Holdings has sold the U.S. operations of its wafer reclaim business to Pure Wafer for approximately $11 million. In another news, Degussa says it...
- Wrap-Up. // Chemical Week;10/13/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 38, p20
Presents news briefs from the chemical industry in Europe as of October 13, 1999. Completion of the acquisition of the remaining stake of Ultraform by BASF AG from partner Degussa-Huls; Decline in the net profits of Kemira for the first eight months of 1999.
- BASF Makes Bid for Degussa's Construction Chemicals Business. // Chemical Week;12/21/2005, Vol. 168 Issue 43, p4
The article reports on the plan of BASF to acquire Degussa's construction chemicals division. Industry sources say that pressure to sell construction chemicals has been forced on the company by RAG. BASF says it has issued a proposal for exclusive negotiations to Degussa's board of management.
- Degussa Completes Sale of Construction Chemicals Activities to BASF. // Products Finishing;Sep2006, Vol. 70 Issue 12, p18
The article reports on the sale of Degussa AG's Construction Chemicals activities to BASF AG. Degussa has developed its Construction Chemicals activities to form the leading company in the industry worldwide. The article cites the reasons why the Degussa management board decided to sell the...
- Markets Watch. Brice, Andy // ICIS Chemical Business;10/9/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 38, p30
The article offers news briefs related to the chemical industry. Degussa is raising prices for its coating polyesters sold under the brand names Dynapol and Vesticoat. Rising butadiene costs have forced Asian styrene butadiene rubber and polybutadiene rubber sellers to shut plants or slash...
- BASF Sets Tough Fiscal Goals for Pharma Division. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;02/21/2000, Vol. 257 Issue 8, p6
Focuses on the financial targets set by BASF company for its pharmaceuticals operation. Operation of its agrochemicals business; Views from some industry analysts; Details on its pharmaceutical operations; Information on the company.