- BLAVATNIK'S NEXT BUY? // ICIS Chemical Business;7/2/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 73, p10
The article speculates whether Len Blavatnik, owner of Basell Corp., will acquire Lyondell Chemical Co. After missing an opportunity to acquire GE Plastics, Blavatnik is believed to have set his eyes on Lyondell's acquisition. It is reported that Lyondell shares fell on the news that Huntsman,...
- Movers & SHAKERS. // ICIS Chemical Business;7/23/2007, Vol. 272 Issue 4, p12
The article presents information on several notable people in the chemical industry. It reports that founder of Access Industries Inc. Len Blavatnik is purchasing Lyondell Inc. and is planning to produce a global chemical company by adding Lyondell to Basell Corp. It also discusses views of BASF...
- Lyondell/Basell poised for top five position. Bains, Elizabeth; Baker, John; Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;5/21/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 67, p4
The article reports on the plans of Russian billionaire Leonard Blavatnik for Lyondell Chemical and Basell. Blavatnik is considering taking over Lyondell Chemical and merging it with Basell. If Blavatnik pulls off both deals, he could create a global top five chemicals producer. Blavatnik has...
- LEN BLAVATNIK. Chang, Joe // ICIS Chemical Business;12/3/2007, Vol. 272 Issue 21, p13
The article offers information on the business strategies of Len Blavatnik, founder of Access Industries Inc., in expanding its sales and services worldwide. Blavatnik acquired Lyondell Chemical Co. for $19 billion and bought the European polyolefins giant Basell Corp. in 2005. The acquisition...
- Blavatnik puts Lyondell in play. Chang, Joseph // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;5/21/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 20, p10
The article focuses on the decision of Access Industries founder Leonard Blavatnik to acquire stake in Lyondell Chemical. For Blavatnik, Lyondell is a strategic investment and he will consider a full range of options. Bank of America analyst Kevin McCarthy says they believe the transaction puts...
- NY Area's Largest Publicly Held Companies. // Crain's New York Business;12/19/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 51/52, p0020
The article reports on the decision of industrialist Len Blavatnik to purchase Warner Music Group Inc. for 1.3 billion dollars in December 2011.
- No. 74. // Crain's New York Business;5/23/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 21, p0021
The article reports that Warner Music Group Inc. will be acquired by industrialist Len Blavatnik for 1.3 billion dollars.
- Is All Well With Lyondell? Serwer, Andy // Fortune;11/23/1998, Vol. 138 Issue 10, p322
Focuses on the fall in the price of stock for Lyondell, the large chemical company which bought Arco Chemical in July 1998. Price of the transaction; Stock price peak in April 1998; Why stock prices were dragged down.
- Bayer Now World's Biggest Supplier of Polyurethane Raw Materials. // Adhesives & Sealants Industry;
Reports on Bayer Corp.'s acquisition of the polyols business of Houston, Texas-based Lyondell Chemical Co. Acquisition price; Expansion of Bayer in 2000; Increase in the worldwide demand for polyurethanes; Location of the chemical plants acquired by Bayer.