Is there a new role for angiotensin-converting-enzyme inhibitors in elderly patients?
- Angiotensin II does not increase renal prostaglandin E2 in response to pressure reduction. Imanishi, Masahito; Akabane, Satoshi; Kawamura, Minoru; Matsushima, Yohkazu; Kuramochi, Morio; Omae, Teruo // Kidney International;Aug1992, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p417
Angiotensin H does not increase renal prostaglandin E2 in response to pressure reduction. Whether angiotensin II (Ang II) stimulates renal secretion of prostaglandin E2 (PGE2) synthesized in response to pressure reduction was examined. PGE2 and Ang II in aortic and renal venous plasma were...
- Angiotensin Converting Enzyme. // Encyclopedic Reference of Molecular Pharmacology;2004, p47
The article presents an encyclopedia entry for angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE). It is an essential component of both the renin-angiotensin system and the kallikereinkinin system. ACE exists as a membrane bound protein with a molecular weight of 150-180 kD, anchored to the cytoplasmic...
- Angiotensin receptor blockers on the formularies of Medicare drug plans. Gellad, WaIid F.; Huskamp, Haiden A.; Phillips, Kathryn A.; Haas, Jennifer S.; Gellad, Walid F // JGIM: Journal of General Internal Medicine;Aug2007, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p1172
Background:The presence of angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs) on the formularies of Medicare Part D prescription drug plans (PDPs) is vitally important to the health of seniors who cannot tolerate angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors. Objective:To determine...
- APOE and ACE polymorphisms and dementia risk in the older population over prolonged follow-up: 10 years of incidence in the MRC CFA Study. Keage, H.A.D.; Matthews, F.E.; Yip, A.; Gao, L.; McCracken, C.; McKeith, I.G.; Rubinsztein, D.C.; Brayne, C. // Age & Ageing;Jan2010, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p104
Background: dementia risk conferred by apolipoprotein-E (APOE) and angiotensin-1-converting enzyme (ACE) polymorphisms have been reported for the MRC Cognitive Function and Ageing Study (CFAS) at 6-year follow-up. We concentrate on incident dementia risk over 10 years.
- The Zinc Metallopeptidase Family: New Faces, New Functions. Lew, Rebecca A. // Protein & Peptide Letters;Oct2004, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p407
The abstract for this article is not available.
- Drug Treatment of Elderly Patients with Acute Myocardial Infarction: Practical Recommendations. Aronow, W.S. // Drugs & Aging;2001, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p807
Aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid) should be administered to patients on day 1 of an acute myocardial infarction (MI) and continued indefinitely. Early intravenous Î²-blockade should be used during acute MI. Î²-blockers should be continued indefinitely. Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE)...
- A dissenting view on initial hypertension treatment. Chambers, Christopher V.; Russell, John J. // Patient Care;May2003, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p78
Discusses research being done on the comparison of outcomes with angiotensin-converting-enzyme inhibitors and diuretics for hypertension in the elderly. Reference to a study by L. M. Wing et al published in the 2003 issue of the "New England Journal of Medicine"; Findings of the study.
- An ACE structure. Hooper, Nigel M.; Turner, Anthony J. // Nature Structural Biology;Mar2003, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p155
Discusses the structure of one of two catalytic domains of angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE). Review of related literature with regard to the structures of the testicular isoform of ACE; Functions of ACE; Details on the relationship of ACE with other zinc metallopeptidases.
- Vasopeptidase inhibitor restores the balance of vasoactive hormones in progressive nephropathy. Benigni, Ariela; Zoja, Carla; Zatelli, Cristina; Corna, Daniela; Longaretti, Lorena; Rottoli, Daniela; Maggioni, Paola; Todeschini, Marta; Noris, Marina; Remuzzi, Giuseppe // Kidney International;Nov2004, Vol. 66 Issue 5, p1959
Vasopeptidase inhibitor restores the balance of vasoactive hormones in progressive nephropathy.Background.The mechanism(s) underlying greater renoprotection of combined blockade of angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) and neutral endopeptidase (NEP) by vasopeptidase over ACE inhibitors are ill...