- Blip on the radar? Coles, Rick // Asian Chemical News;4/11/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 486, p13
Looks at the trends in the Asian olefins market during the first-quarter of 2005. Variable cost margins of Asian olefins during the period; Decline in ethylene prices; Role of feedstock cost in the Asian olefins markets.
- Petrochemicals Business Environment. // USA Petrochemicals Report;Q2 2011, Issue 2, p53
The article discusses Business Monitor International Limited's (BMI) petrochemical sector risk scoring, used to assess growth trends, current capacities, internal market size and investment risk. U.S. ranks first in the Americas Regional Petrochemicals Ratings with a score of 86.2 points. It...
- Valuations remain high in a robust market. VALK, VINCENT // Chemical Week;8/25/2014, Vol. 176 Issue 22, p26
The article discusses the negative effects of high merger and acquisition (M&A) valuations on the chemical industry in 2014. Topics covered include the importance of M&A activities to the sector as well as robust M&A trend during the year. Also mentioned is the need for companies to be weary...
- The value of differentiation. Chang, Joseph // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;10/2/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 12, p7
The article reports about the investors reaction to Huntman's strategy. The article reports that the Huntman's planned sale of its commodity chemical assets is aimed at creating a differentiated chemical company. However, it is reported that the investors are not interested in giving credit to...
- Spotlight on volumes. CHANG, JOSEPH // ICIS Chemical Business;10/31/2011, Vol. 280 Issue 14, p5
In this article the author presents his views on the business condition of the chemical sector in the world.
- Europe results show gathering gloom. BEACHAM, WILL // ICIS Chemical Business;10/31/2011, Vol. 280 Issue 14, p5
In this article the author presents his views on the slowdown in the European chemical industry.
- Regional leaders revealed. BEACHAM, WILL // ICIS Chemical Business;9/17/2012, Vol. 282 Issue 7, p25
An introduction to several articles on regional leaders in the global chemical industry in 2011-2012 is presented.
- Market in Poland worth in excess of EUR 1.5 billion. // European Coatings Journal;Feb2012, Issue 2, p8
The article reports on the condition of the construction chemicals market in Poland which saw a leveling off that amounted to 1.5 billion euros in 2011 and on the results of the "Construction chemicals market in Poland 2012- Development forecasts for 2012-2014" survey.
- BTX markets enter choppy waters. Koh, Quintella; Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;8/22/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 504, p20
Forecasts pricing trends in the Chinese domestic benzene, toluene and mixed xylenes (BTX) sector for the fourth quarter of 2005. Volume of BTX imports for the first half of the year; Challenges that will be encountered during the quarter; Balance of supply and demand for benzene from 2004 to 2006.