THE IMPORTANCE OF MAINTENANCE SCHEDULES
- Equipment Care: Controlling Relative Humidity. Mehta, Rohinton // Smart Photography;Nov2014, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p88
The article looks at the ways to protect optical instruments such as lenses, camera bodies from negative impact of relative humidity (RH), amount of moisture in the given volume of air, that may resulted into the development of the fungus. Topics discussed include use of specially designed...
- Gentech; a doctor for the doctors' tools. Rodríguez, Inda M. // Caribbean Business;8/16/2007, Vol. 35 Issue 32, pS7
The article features Gentech, a company founded by Eduardo CedeÃ±o in 1993. The company was created to fill a rising need of repair and maintenance of small laboratory instruments such as microscopes, mechanical balances and hot plates. Gentech is believed to be the only incorporated local...
- Automation & Robotics Roundtable. // LabTalk;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 38 Issue 15F, p34
The article presents questions and answers related to robotics in laboratory operations, including whether an automated machine works in a vacuum and the system for technical support and maintenance.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed. Art, John // LabTalk;Nov/Dec2006, Vol. 34 Issue 154, p22
This article offers insights on lens warranties being provided by optical laboratories. The reasons for placing lens warranties include the validation of performance claims of lens add-ons. There are some laboratories who expand manufacturers' warranties and their additional warranties of their...
- Binocular Renewal. Husick, Chuck // Yachting;Oct99, Vol. 186 Issue 4, p74
Discusses the importance of periodic inspection and maintenance of binoculars. How to determine if repair and maintenance is needed; Services offered by repair facilities; Costs.
- Transitions Academy. // LabTalk;Mar/Apr2008, Vol. 36 Issue 159, p40
Several images from the Transitions Academy event for optical laboratories and lens manufacturers are presented.
- THE FREE FORM DIGITAL REVOLUTION. Cohen, Stephen // LabTalk;May/Jun2009, Vol. 37 Issue 9F, p24
The author describes his vision on how digital technology revolutionizes the optical industry in 2014. He discusses how optical laboratories use digital surfacing equipment and lens design software to make the best lenses for every medical prescription. He also mentioned various tools that can...
- Not the Same Old Grind. KARP, ANDREW // Vision Monday;8/16/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p070
The author discusses the changes in eyewear prescription laboratories in the U.S. He says that American laboratories have raised their investments in novel systems and equipment with the advent of electronic ordering and digitally-designed, free-form lenses. The author also observes that the...
- LC-305S Optical Reader... // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Dec99, Issue 565, p42
Presents preventive maintenance tips for the automated manifest system's LC-305S optical reader. Cause of damage to the LC-305S; How to set its lock.